This entire page attempts to cover the List of Schools that offer Hospitality And Tourism Management under the Faculty of Administration in Nigeria.
We will also talk about;
– The subject combinations needed to study Hospitality And Tourism Management
– JAMB UTME Subjects and Requirements
– O’Level Subjects and Requirements
– Direct Entry Requirements
– and other information you require to successfully gain admission to study Hospitality And Tourism Management.
You need to read the entire content of this page to get all the knowledge your require for this course.
NOTE: This course (Hospitality And Tourism Management) is also available for study in other faculties. If you were not looking to study Hospitality And Tourism Management under the Faculty of Administration, please click the appropriate faculty below to see their proper requirements;
Hospitality And Tourism Management can be studied under the Administration in the following Nigerian Universities;
TAKE NOTE: There are other schools, where Hospitality And Tourism Management can also be studied. Please note however that it would NOT be under the Faculty of Administration. Please click the appropriate faculty below to see their own requirements;
Subject Combination / JAMB UTME Requirements
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Hospitality And Tourism Management under the Faculty of Administration in the above Universities include;
Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Hospitality And Tourism Management;
You require; Five SSCE credit passes in Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics and English Language.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) ABU and UNIBADAN: No admission through UTME.
(2) UNIBADAN requires 5 or 6 ‘O’ level credit passes at one or two sittings to include English Language, Biology/Health Sci, Chemistry, Mathematics and any other one of the following: Economics, Government, Lit-in-English, History, Geography, Physics, (this will be an advantage).
(3) UNN requirements not more than two sittings in SSCE or its equivalent.
(4) AAU requires five ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry at a sitting.
(5) NDU requires the credit passes in not more than two sittings.
Direct Entry Requirements
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Hospitality And Tourism Management, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
You require; (i) Two ‘A’ level passes from Biology/Zoology, Chemistry and Physics plus 3 other ‘O’ level credit passes in Mathematics, Physics and English Language.
(ii) NRN or its approved equivalent plus five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language and one Science subjects chosen from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Human Anatomy, Physiology and Hygiene, Health Science, Further Mathematics and General Science.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) UNN accepts:
(a) Nurses registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (N&MCN), who also possess UTME requirements.
(b) Three GCE “A” level certificate with passes in Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry in not more than two sittings plus UTME requirement.
(c) First degree holders in related disciplines.
(2) UNIJOS requires three ‘A’ level and passes in Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Zoology plus ‘O’ level credit passes in Mathematics and English Language.
(3) BIU and UNICAL require NRN or its approved equivalent plus five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language and one Science subject from the subjects as listed in “Direct Entry Requirement” column plus two years registration nursing of experience. UNIBADAN accepts possession of any one of the following professional qualifications:
(a) General Nursing;
(b) Psychiatric Nursing; (c) Mid-Wifely.
(4) UNIBADAN accepts:
(b) Nursing Admin
(c) ‘A’ level passes.
(5) UNIBADAN requires two years Post Registration Experience but will give preference to those with more than five years experience and candidates with 1st Degree in health related disciplines.
(6) ABU accepts:
a. ‘A’ Level/IJMB Passes in three subjects in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology.
b. Registered Nurse (RN) certificate with at least 5 credits in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
(7) LAUTECH and OAU accept RN or its equivalent (as approved by Senate) plus ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
(8) UNIPORT – No Direct Entry.
(9) UNIBADAN requires 2 A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology and Physics plus UTME requirements.
(10) FUTO requires at least ‘A’ level passes not below Grade C in any two of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. It also accepts ND/HND (Upper Credit) in Health Related Disciplines.
Candidates must in addition meet UTME ‘O’ Level requirements. It does not accept First Degree or NCE.
(11) LAUTECH accepts:
(a) (i) GCE ‘A’ Level or its approved equivalent with passes in Chemistry, Biology and Physics (or Zoology)
(b) Registered Nurse (RN) Certificates(plus UTME requirements)
(c) First Degree of LAUTECH approved by Senate in any related courses or profession(plus UTME requirements)may be considered for admission.
(12) OAU accepts Certificate of Registered Nurse (RN) or SRN.
(13) UNICAL also accepts HND in Public Health, ND in Environmental Health, Public Health Nursing from West African Health Examination Board in addition to O’ Level requirements.
(14) AAU accepts:
(a) Registered Nurse/Midwife RN, RM with one year post registration experience; as well as RN,RPN or RN,RNA, or RN,RNT for DE admission. They must also satisfy UTME requirement.
(b) A good first degree in related field e.g. Biochemistry, Anatomy, Human Physiology, Health Education, Psychology, Guidance and Counselling.
(c) Does not accept a degree in Zoology and Botany for Direct Entry Admissions.
(15) UNIBEN requires three GCE (A/L) in Biology/Zoology, Chemistry and Physics plus the O’ Level credit in five other subjects including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
(16) UNILORIN requires two A’ level or equivalent in a minimum of two relevant subjects from Biology, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics/Mathematics.
(17) NDU accepts:
a) NURSES: Registered Nurses (NRN), Registered Midwives (RM), Registered Psychiatric Nurses (RPN) plus five (5) ‘O’ level (GCE, NECO or SSCE) at credit passes in English Language, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology, at not more than two sittings.
b) NON-NURSES: B.Sc. (Not lower than Second Class) in relevant fields such as: Biochemistry, Medical Microbiology, Human Nutrition, Medical Laboratory Sciences and any other relevant discipline.
(18) EBSU accepts HND, NCE and ND with a minimum of Merit and Upper credit respectively in the relevant fields.
(19) UNILAG requires that:
(a) All direct entry candidates satisfy the minimum O/Level
(b) Candidates must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria as RN or RN/RM with at least 2 years post- registration cognate experience.
(c) Candidates must have very good passes in three (3) JUPEB subjects: Biology, Chemistry and Physics
(d) Candidates must have GCE A/Level subjects or its equivalent in at least two (2) subjects from the following: Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Zoology.
(e) Candidates with good degree in any health related subjects from a recognized University with minimum entry requirement for College of Medicine programme may be considered.
(f) Without prejudice to all requirements above, the Department may also conduct an interview for prospective candidates.