Algeria Passport Visa | All travelers are obliged to present the passport, except in the following cases:
1. Those travelers who carry the National Identity Document that is issued to Algerian citizens.
2. Those travelers who carry the travel document known as « Titre de Voyage » and which is issued to people without nationality or citizenship.
The passport and alternative documents, or any of them, must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival. The following will apply:
1. Algerian citizens can enter with a valid passport, or other valid document, upon arrival.
2. Travelers residing in Algeria may enter with valid travel documents upon arrival.
1. Before arrival: Travelers should contact the nearest Algerian representation abroad.
2. On arrival: If necessary, a visa can be issued to travelers from the United Arab Emirates in possession of a diplomatic passport.
All passengers must be in possession of a visa, except in the following cases:
1. Algerian citizens.
2. Travelers from Libya, Malaysia, the Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, the Seychelles, Syria, Tunisia and the Republic of Yemen.
3. Those travelers who carry a diplomatic or service passport, provided they are citizens of Argentina, Cuba, Egypt, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Niger, Senegal, Slovak Republic, Switzerland, Turkey and Vietnam.
4. French and Romanian travelers with diplomatic passports.
5. Peruvian travelers with diplomatic, special or service passports.
6. Travelers from the Republic of Korea holding an official or diplomatic passport.
7. Travelers with a re-entry permit issued by the Algerian authorities.
8. Those travelers who carry the travel document known as “ Titre de Voyage ” and which is issued to refugees and people without any nationality or citizenship, provided they are residents of Libya, Malaysia, the Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, the Seychelles Islands , Syria, Tunisia and the Republic of Yemen.
Visa-free transit is allowed to those travelers who are going to continue their trip to a third country, on the same plane and on the same day, provided they have confirmation of transit or return tickets, sufficient money and all the necessary documents for the next trip. These travelers are not allowed to leave the transit area. If any of these transit travelers have to stay more than 24 hours, they must obtain a transit permit, for a maximum stay of 48 hours, from the airport authorities. This does not apply in the following cases:
a. Travelers from Luxembourg, the United States of America, Malawi, Germany, Vietnam, the Netherlands, Korea and South Africa.
b. Travelers carrying Palestinian travel documents.
c. Travelers with passports issued by Chinese Taipei.
1. All travelers must have enough money for their stay and their transit or return tickets, as well as being in possession of all the documents they need for their next trip.
2. All travelers, in general, are exempt from visa if they make a visit that does not exceed three months.
3. The visa application must be submitted to the Algerian authorities at their representations in Africa when necessary. The traveler may have to wait several months for the visa to be granted.
All those travelers who do not respect the entry rules will be deported on that same flight.
For those travelers over the age of 17, there are no restrictions other than the following:
– 0.15 liters of perfume or half a liter of eau de cologne in open bottles.
– 50 cigars or 200 cigarettes or 400 grams of tobacco.
– A liter of alcoholic beverages per person.
The importation of gold, firearms, ammunition and narcotics is prohibited.
Travelers can freely export tobacco products, with no quantity limit. However, the export of jewelry, gold and firearms is prohibited.
Pets are allowed. Dogs and cats must travel accompanied by a certificate of vaccination against rabies, which must be issued in the country of origin. In order to introduce birds that can carry psittacosis, animals must carry a health certificate, a certificate of origin and a declaration signed by a veterinarian stating that the bird has not contracted psittacosis.
There’s no available information yet.
Travelers are not required to pay any kind of airport tax upon leaving the airport.
There are no restrictions whatsoever when importing foreign currencies, and the change can be made at any bank.
Foreign currencies: Travelers can export those sums of money whose amount does not exceed the amount that was imported and declared, since they are obliged to present the foreign currency declaration that was issued to them upon arrival. In addition, the traveler must present the currency exchange declaration upon leaving the country.
Algeria is one of the members of the CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora) treaty.
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us on Facebook Page