See also: Why Many Students Fail to Gain Admission and Solution and How to Score High in BUI Post UTME Exam
Candidates Eligible for Bowen University Post UTME.
- All applicants are required to sit for the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
- Bowen University requires all candidates applying for admission into any of its courses to possess five credit “O” level passes, which must include English Language and four other subjects as may be specified by each Faculty.
- The five credits should be obtained in not more than two sittings.
- For Medicine and Surgery (MB; BS), Nursing Science and Physiotherapy programmes, the five credits (including Mathematics and English) must beobtained at only one sitting.
- Candidates awaiting results may apply.
- All applicants will be required to go through Bowen University Screening Exercise.
- Interested candidates who will apply to JAMB for admission and wish to change their choice to Bowen University are required to:
(ii) DIRECT ENTRY
All applicants for direct entry must satisfy any of the following:
- NCE at credit level, ND and approved equivalents with at least Lower Credit in relevant fields.
- At least two Advanced Level passes at acceptable grade level.
- The Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB),Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) or Cambridgemoderated School of Basic Studies at acceptable grade levels.
- In addition to NCE/ND/IJMB, JUPEB or two Advanced Level papers specified by each Faculty or programme, candidates must also satisfy the Ordinary Level requirements.
- HND holders may be admitted to 200 Level or 300 Level depending on the regulation guiding admission to each department / programme.
All direct entry candidates are required to apply through JAMB.
How to Apply for Bowen University Post UTME.
(a) On-Line Application
To complete the on-line application form:
- Open Period: From Apr 17, 2019 to May 17, 2019
- Application Fee: N10,000
- Programme: Undergraduate
- Mode of Entry: UTME and DE
(a) On-Line Application
To complete the on-line application form:
- Visit Bowen University website @ www.bowenuniversity.edu.ng
• Click on “Apply Now” under the UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION sub menu. This takes you to the admission guide. Go through it and click on “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” at the bottom of the page to create an identity (Pre-Registration).
• After the pre-registration, generate a payment invoice with your unique transaction ID for the sum of Ten thousand,three hundred Naira (N10, 300) only as application form fee.
• Then, proceed to Quick teller page to make payment online.
• Payment for on-line forms through Banks – After generating a unique transaction ID through the University website, applicants may proceed to any of the following banks with their transaction ID to make payments: Skye Bank, Sterling Bank, Unity Bank, Wema Bank and United Bank for Africa (UBA).
• Upon confirmation of payment, proceed to the School Admission page “apply.bowenuniversity.edu.ng/apply to log in using your already created username and password in order to complete and submit the application form.
• Upon successful submission, print out your acknowledgement card and profile.
• Applicants in Lagos State may wish to visit the Bowen Microfinance Bank, Baptist Academy Compound,Obanikoro, Lagos for assistance to completing the application form. Contact: 08034955444, 08023672806, 08062435570
(b) Off-line Application Forms
- Application Forms may be obtained from any of the sales centres indicated below in ‘I’ upon the presentation of a non-refundable application fee of N 10,000.00 (Ten thousand naira) only in bank draft payable to Bowen University. Candidates must indicate their names and addresses at the back of the Bank draft.
Applicants are expected to submit their application forms on the screening day.
Applicants may visit any of the following centres for enquiries:
- i) Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State. Tel: 09036206970 or 07085434397
- ii) Bowen University Liaison Office, Baptist Building, Oke Bola, Ibadan, Oyo State.
- iii) First Baptist Church, Opposite NNPC Quarters, Area 11, P. O. Box 331, Garki, Abuja. Tel: 08059648342, 08039102716.
- iv) Ekiti Baptist Conference Secretariat, Km. 3 Ikere Road, Off Ologede Police Station, AdoEkiti, Ekiti State. 08036265636
- v) Baptist College of Theology Benin, NTA Road, Benin City, Edo State. 08038412738 or 08062417396
- vi) Central Baptist Conference Secretariat, Lamingo Dam road, Rikkos, Jos, Plateau State. 08065517071.
- vii) Bethel Baptist Conference, 4 Ahmadu Bello Way, Kaduna, Kaduna State. Tel: 08023551299
- viii) Bowen Microfinance Bank, Baptist Academy Compound, Obanikoro,Lagos. Tel: 08034955444, 08062435570
- ix) Imo Baptist Conference Secretariat, 120Wetheral Road, Owerri, Imo State. 07037919943.
- x) Rivers Baptist Conference Secretariat, No 7 William Jumbo Street, Old GRA, Port-Harcourt. 08064180777.
- xi) Kwara Baptist Conference Secretariat, Afon Road, Ganmo, Ilorin, Kwara State. 08039125460.
- xii) Ogun State Baptist Conference, Baptist Mission Compound, Idi-Aba, Abeokuta, Ogun State. 07069647706.
- xiii) Ondo State Baptist Conference Secretariat, Block 001 Plot 7 & 8 Alagbaka GRA, Extension Adjacent Freeman Petrol Station, Oba Ile Rd, Akure, Ondo State. 07038917271.
- xiv) Lagos Central Baptist Conference, Secretariat, C/O Ijero Baptist Church, 884, Apapa Road, Church, 122, Ipaja Rd, Ikeja, Lagos
- xv) Lagos West Baptist Conference, Secretariart, C/O Union Baptist Church, Ebute-MettaAgege
- xvi) Ethiope-Delta State Baptist Conference, Amukpe, Sapele, Delta State. 08057257907.
- xvii) Zion Baptist Secondary School, beside Bowen Pre-degree Programme Centre, Agunbelewo, Ilobu Road, Osogbo, Osun State. Tel: 08136899924
- xviii) Beulah Baptist Centre, Behind Baptist High School, Ogbomoso, Oyo State. 08053514160
- xix) Oyo West Baptist Conference Secretariat, Oyo, Oyo State. 08035762942
- xx) Providence Baptist Church, Uyo, Akwa – Ibom State 08039102716
- xxi) Anioma-Delta Baptist Conference, C/O Victory Baptist Church, Asaba, Delta State. 08034074335, 08057022515
SCREENING OF CANDIDATES
All applicants are to appear for BOWEN University Screening Exercise at any of the following Centres:
- (i) Baptist Academy, Obanikoro, Lagos
- (ii) Baptist College of Theology NTA/TV Road, Benin-City
- (iii) Fullness of God Nursery and Primary School, Ijapo Estate, Akure.
- (vi) Baptist Theological Seminary, Kaduna
- (v) Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- (vi) Faith Baptist College,#1 Rumuaparaeli Street, Beside Holy Rosary Secondary School, Old GRA Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
- (vii) First Baptist Church, Area 11,Garki, Abuja
- (viii) Union Baptist Grammar School, Ga-Akanbi, Ilorin, Kwara State.
- (xi) Baptist Girls College, Missions, Idi Aba, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
- (x) Gilgal International School, Shelter Afrique Extension, Mbiabong, Uyo, Akwa –
- (xi) Ethiope-Delta State Baptist Conference, Amukpe, Sapele, Delta State.
Candidates are requested to come along with the following for the screening exercise:
- i. Writing Materials
- ii. On-line Generated Acknowledgement form
- iii. 2018 UTME result slip
- iv. O’Level result
- v. Birth certificate
- Application form (for candidate who obtained the offline form)
The screening of candidates will start at 9.00am in each of the venues
For further enquires please visit our website www.bowenuniversity.edu.ng or contact the Registrar, Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State through: Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For supports: Contact: 08185451648, 07085434397, 09036206970 and 08168916329.