Application for Canadian Student Visa – Here’s help!
The Canadian Government provides an opportunity to students to study in the country but as a prerequisite, you’ll have to obtain a Study Permit and a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). How to Apply for Canadian student visa
What is a Study Permit?
This is not a visa, it’s a permit or a document issued by the Citizen and Immigration (CIC) which allows you to study in Canada. If you hold a study permit, you must remain enrolled and make reasonable and timely progress towards completing your course.
Your study permit is always accompanied along with a visitor visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). Please note that a study permit is a document that allows you to study in Canada while a visitor visa or ETA allows you to enter Canada. Your counsellor will help you access the latest information and connect you with authorised migration experts
- Cost of Flight Ticket from Nigeria to Canada
- Green Card Diversity Visa Lottery
- Which Countries are Eligible for DV Lottery
- How to Apply for Diversity Visa Lottery 2023
Documents required for your study permit
To apply for your study permit, you will need:
- An acceptance letter from your education institution, and
- A valid passport or travel document
- Proof that you can support yourself or any family members who might accompany you, while you’re in Canada
You must also:
- Prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
- tuition fees
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada, and
- return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- Be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada (you may have to provide a police certificate)
- Be in good health (you may need to complete a medical exam)
You will also be required to appear for a personal interview at the Canadian embassy or consulate.
Is Canadian student visa easy to get
To prove you can financially support yourself and any accompanying family members, you may be asked to provide:
- Documentation of a Canadian bank account in your name, if money has been transferred to Canada
- Documentation of a student/education loan from a financial institution
- Bank statements
- A bank draft in convertible currency
- Proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
- A letter for the person or institution providing your funding
- Proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are enrolled in a Canadian-funded educational program
*Please note that these are the basic requirements, speak with your IDP counsellor for a detailed list of documents required for visa processing
Student Direct Stream
International students applying to universities and colleges in Canada can now expect faster visa processing through the Study Direct Stream (SDS) program launched by the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada. Unlike the usual visa processing that may take up to 2-3 months, SDS allows students to avail their visa in 4-6 weeks. However, if you choose to apply through SDS, you may need certain additional documents. Don’t worry, your IDP counsellor can guide you easily for the same.…
Applying for your visa online
You’ll have to apply for your student visa application online using the CIC official website. You can apply up to three months before your intended date of travel to Canada. Remember, your application date is the date when your application fee is paid.…
Benefits of online visa application
|Instant application as courier and mail delivery time is eliminated…|
|The application process is expedited…|
|You will know if it’s incomplete as an incomplete request is not accepted online…|
|You can speedily submit your rest of the documents, as and when required…|
|You will be updated through emails on the status of your application…|
How can IDP help in your visa application?
If you’re an IDP student with an offer letter from any of our partner institutions in Canada, we can advise you on how to go about the entire process. We’ll make sure you are fully informed on the latest visa requirements and conditions; also help you prepare the right documents for your submission.
Our team of experts will direct you to the official websites and to authorised immigration representatives to ensure you have the latest applications forms and guidance. To reduce your hassle, we can also help certify, translate and courier your documents.
Study Permit Fee
As an applicant from outside Canada, you will have to pay CAD150 as your visa fee (do check the latest fee when applying here).
English language Requirements
To gain your Canadian visa, you’ll have to provide evidence of proficiency in the English language. This usually means passing a secure English language test to be able to prove your communication and correspondence skills.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular high-stakes English language proficiency test for study, work, and migration, with more than three million tests taken in the past year. The IELTS results are recognised by more than 10,000 organisations, including educational institutions, employers, professional associations and governments, in 140 countries around the world.
If you want to pursue your undergraduate degree in Canada, then you require a minimum of 6.0 band in your IELTS with no band less than 5.5 and similarly, for a post-graduate degree, you require to score 6.5 band with no band less than 6.0.…
You can always contact us for a free counselling session and we can guide you on how to go about the entire visa application process.…