DELSU Admission Requirement | Delta State University, popularly known as DELSU is a state-owned and funded university that offers degree courses in both graduate and postgraduate levels. ⇒DELSU Admission Requirement⇐
In this article, we will illuminate the university, location, courses, admission process and requirements, fees, accommodation, and structures at the school.
About The University
The university is situated in Abraka, Delta State (its main campus), and has two other campuses within the state. They offers a range of programmes from the full-time certificate, diploma and degree programmes to part-time evening and weekend degree programmes. The University also offers postgraduate studies up to a doctoral level, and all their courses are fully accredited by the National Universities Commission.
The university came into existence in 1992 and has since grown to what it is today.
Delta State University has as its Vice-Chancellor, Professor Andy Ogochukwu Egwunyenga and also have a strong staff strength to boost theirs about 50,000 student population.
|Motto||Knowledge, Character, and Service|
|Vice Chancellor||Professor Andy Ogochukwu Egwunyenga|
|Location||Abraka, Delta State, Nigeria|
The Delta State University’s main campus is located at Abraka, Delta State. The campus is largely surrounded by the scenic view of the urban settlement of the host town. The campus is divided into three sites which includes the SITE 1; which houses mostly lectures for departments such as Guidance and Counseling, Music. Then the SITE 2 which cover a great percentage of administrative work such as the Vice – Chancellor’s, the Admission Office and also the School’s ICT which is in charge of the school information and all that concerns ICT.
The third division is for final SITE 3 which has much of the Academic Work and also hosts the Science Laboratory and Computer Laboratory and most importantly the Senate Building. Other campuses are in Anwai-Asaba and Oleh and the three campuses are distancing each other with about 200km.
How The University Began
DELSU started as a Government Teachers’ Training College during the colonial era and some years into the post-colonial era. It became a College of Education that awarded Nigerian Certificate of Education (N.C.E.) from 1971-1985. In 1981, it was affiliated to the University of Benin, Benin City and consequently offered degree programmes from 1981 till 1985 when it became the Faculty of Education of the then Bendel State University with its main campus at Ekpoma.
The creation of Edo and Delta States in August 1991 and the conversion of the main campus of the then Bendel State University, Ekpoma to become Edo State University in December 1991, necessitated the establishment of an autonomous Delta State University, Abraka on 30 April 1992 by Olorogun Felix Ibru, the Governor of the state that time.
Programmes/ Courses Offered At DELSU
We have gathered the list of 77 courses and programmes that are available for study in the Delta State University (DELSU).
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Science and Education
- Animal Science
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Civil Engineering
- Drama / Dramatic / Performing Arts
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Computer Science
- Education and Economics
- Education and English Language
- Education and Fine and Applied Arts
- Education and French
- Education and Geography
- Education and Geography / Physics
- Education and History
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Music
- Education and Physics
- Education and Political Science
- Education and Religious Studies
- Education and Social Studies
- Educational Management
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- English and Literary Studies
- Fine Art / Fine and Applied Arts
- Forestry And WildLife
- Geography and Regional Planning
- Guidance and Counseling
- Health Education
- History and International Studies
- Home Economics and Education
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Mathematics
- Library and Information Science
- Linguistic / Urhobo
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Biochemistry
- Medicine and Surgery
- Nursery and Primary Education
- Nursing / Nursing Science
- Pharmacology And Therapeutics
- Physical Education
- Physical and Health Education
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Soil Science
- Technical Education
DELSU Entry Requirements For Admission
The general admission requirements for the prospective JAMB/UTME candidates seeking admission into Delta State University Nigeria, DELSU are stated below:
- All prospective candidates must be over 16 years of age on applying for the admission exercise.
- All Candidates must choose the institution as part of their Choice of University (preferable FIRST CHOICE) in the UTME form.
- Candidates Cut-off mark must be at least 180 in the conducted UTME/ JAMB examination and must also beat the present/current cut-off mark of the institution.
- All candidates must possess a minimum of five (5) credits passes in relevant subjects including English Language and any other relevant subject either in SSCE, GCE, and any other approved certificate examination by the institution.
- All of the Five (5) credit passes in the O’level examinations should not be more than two sittings.
Adding to the above requirements, the candidate seeking for admission into Delta state university must pass the screening process that’ll be conducted by the university.
Programmes/ Courses Offered At DELSU
Cut off mark is an agreed score set by a particular institution as a basis of admitting students into the various programmes of study. This score is usually accredited to candidates based on their performance in the JAMB UTME examination.
Read also: ♥ DELSU Post UTME Admission Form – Entry Requirement ♥
The Delta State University does not really have a specific cut off mark for courses. However, candidates who have scored a minimum of 180/170 in UTME examination are eligible to apply for admission into any of their choice courses.
However, due to the high number of candidates wishing to study at the Delta State University, the admission processes is competitive and admissions is given based on the higher the jamb scores.
DELSU School Fees
The Delta State University, DELSU school fees is comparatively lower when you consider what students in other higher institutions in Nigeria are paying. The fees paid by DELSU students are classified based on if you are indigene or not.
The fees paid by the native students of the state are lower than those of Non-indigenes. Late payment of fees by any student of DELSU will attract extra charges and also result in the inability of a student to seat for exams as approves by the management of the school.
Delta state university school fees is about N63,600 of which the price differ in departments and set of students.
How To Pay School Fees In DELSU
The school charges for the Delta State University Abraka DELSU should be possible through the steps stated below:
- Log on to the university provided link for school fees payment
- Enter the candidate Username; preferably (JAMB Registration Number), and Password; preferably (Surname of the candidates)
- Tap on the button with “Payment”
- Choose the Payment Option (based on candidates preference)
- Choose the preferable Payment Option
- Transfer the payment operation to Interswitch Payment Platform
- Fill up the data
Kindly Tap on button “PAY” as shown on the provided space to finish the installment of fees.
Accommodation At The School
The prices of hostel facilities in DELSU range from Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000) to as high as Thirty-Six Thousand Naira(N36,000) per session. This is no doubt one of the cheapest hostel accommodation you can get on a University campuses in Nigeria. The accommodation fee for DELSU can be paid at any of the designated Banks provided for both old and new students.
Nonetheless, the University allows students to also get accommodation outside the school campus if they are desirous and can afford such.
A single room outside of the school campus comes at a price between Fifteen Thousand Naira (15,000) and Twenty-five Thousand Naira (N25,000) depending on the location and proximity to Lectures while some other rooms may be gotten for less than Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000) in the school area.
Self-contained Hostel accommodations outside DELSU campus range from Forty-five Thousand Naira (N45,000) to Eighty Thousand Naira (N80,000).
Why You Should School At DELSU
Here are few of some awesome things to know about the Delta State University, Abraka:
- The university is situated in a riverine area which is a coastal belt in the swamps and creeks along Atlantic Ocean. This makes it has awesome scenery and one loved by students and visitors.
- Delta State University students are known by their unique name ‘Desuites‘.
- Thirdly, admission into this university is quite competitive as such, you have a greater chance of getting admitted to study there.
What’s your take on this? Do you have any questions, drop them in the comment box below.
The university’s website is a tool that provides up to date information as such, all inquiries about the institution can be found on the University website at delsu.edu.ng.
We believe this article was informative, don’t hesitate to use our share button below to inform – friends and relation on social media.