Ecuador Passport Visa | Tiny by South American standards, Ecuador is packed with an amazing range of natural and cultural attractions; a microcosm of everything that is appealing about this fascinating continent. Tucked between Colombia and Peru, Ecuador outdoes its heavyweight neighbours because of, rather than despite, its size
In a single day you could take an early morning safari in the Amazon, drive up through a valley of active volcanoes and past verdant cloud forest before winding down to the Pacific coast in time for a seafood dinner.
Bisected by the equator (hence the name), Ecuador is divided into three distinct regions – Costa, Sierra and Oriente. The coast, or Costa, is hot and dry with sandy beaches, rolling surf and lively Afro-Ecuadorian towns. The mountainous centre, or Sierra, is a place of snow-capped Andean peaks, colonial towns and vibrant local markets. And the tropical lowland, the Oriente, which takes in parts of the Amazon, is home to innumerable species of wildlife and indigenous inhabitants. In addition, Ecuador controls the Galapagos Islands, a wildlife-rich archipelago in the Pacific Ocean, where Charles Darwin developed his theory of evolution.
At the heart of all this is Quito. As well as laying claim to being the world’s second highest capital city (after La Paz in Bolivia) this lofty metropolis has the best-preserved historic centre in Latin America, not to mention an excellent culinary scene, vibrant nightlife and string of world-class cultural attractions.
However, it’s Ecuador’s natural beauty that draws in the crowds. Visitors flock from around the world to admire the wildlife, particularly on the Galapagos Islands, which is home to giant tortoises, whale sharks, sea lions and many more. For those seeking an adrenalin hit, world-renowned scuba diving, exceptional trekking and breathtaking climbing is rarely far away. Whether you explore it on two wheels or four hooves; on a raft, kayak or surfboard, Ecuador is a joy to get to know.
Please Note: Our visa and passport information is updated regularly and is correct at the time of publishing, We strongly recommend that you verify critical information unique to your trip with the relevant embassy before travel. See also: List of countries with Visa Application form
A valid passport is required for all travelers except for:
1. Citizens of Ecuador with a national identity document.
2. Citizens of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela with a national identity document.
3. Travelers with ” Kinderausweis “, a German identity document for minors under the age of 16, provided that the document contains a photo of the minor.
4. Travelers with “Seaman Book” , as long as it is a work trip.
5.Foreign residents of Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela with a national identity document for foreigners, provided that their nationality is mentioned in Exceptions for Visas.
6. Travelers with ” Laissez Passer ” issued by the United Nations. Does not include Ecuadorian citizens, who must present an identity document or passport.
7. Travelers with « Laissez Passer » issued by the organization of American States. Does not include Ecuadorian citizens, who must present an identity document or passport.
8. Refugees or people without nationality or citizenship with travel documents, issued by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
Passports or alternative documents must be valid for six months upon entry.
to. Citizens of Ecuador can enter with an expired passport.
b. Residents of Ecuador can enter with travel documents, valid for the date of entry.
1. Ecuadorian minors traveling alone or accompanied by a parent must have a legal permit to leave the country.
2. Minors under 18 years of age with German nationality, who do not have a passport, must present a travel permit, signed by both parents or legal guardians.
Before the trip: It is recommended that the traveler contact the closest representative of Ecuador.
All travelers must have a visa with the exception of:
1. Citizens of Ecuador.
2. Citizens of the People’s Republic of China with a regular passport, who plan to stay less than 90 days in the country, provided that:
2.1. They reside in the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong (a special administrative region of China) or Macau (a special administrative region of China), that it is an organized group trip and that their name is registered in the tour operator list. The list must be approved by the Tourism Agency of the People’s Republic of China and the Ecuadorian consulate in the People’s Republic of China. If travelers are not listed, a letter of invitation is required.
2.2.Reside abroad, provided they travel as tourists and obtain a seal of approval from the nearest Ecuadorian consulate.
3. Travelers with a British passport of any citizenship, who plan to stay less than 90 days in the country.
4. Citizens of other countries who plan to stay less than 90 days in the country.
5. Refugees or people without nationality or citizenship with travel documents residing in:
5.2. the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong or Macau, who plan to stay less than 90 days in the country, as long as it is an organized group trip and their name is registered in the tour operator list. The list must be approved by the Tourism Agency of the People’s Republic of China and the Ecuadorian consulate in the People’s Republic of China. If travelers are not listed, a letter of invitation is required .;
5.3. All other countries as long as they plan to stay less than 90 days in the country.
6.Foreign residents of Ecuador who have a return authorization or a residence permit.
7. Travelers with « Laissez Passer » issued by the organization of American States.
A transit visa in Ecuador is not required.
1. Due to the swine flu (H1N1) outbreak, all travelers must complete a Health Declaration form. In addition, all travelers will be examined upon arrival, and in the event of suspected infection, the traveler will be isolated and carefully examined.
2. Citizens of Colombia who are in transit or who enter Ecuador without a visa, must have their criminal history issued by the Colombian Administrative Department of Security or obtained through the Internet and authenticated by a Colombian consulate.
2.1. Ecuador residents;
2.2. Under 18 years of age;
2.3. Travelers with diplomatic, official or international organizations passports;
2.4. Crew members.
3. All travelers must have enough money to cover the expenses of the trip in the country and return or connection tickets.
4. Travelers who do not require a visa to enter Ecuador can extend their stay. The application for extension must be submitted to the local immigration office. All applications will be evaluated individually and there can be no guarantee that the extension will be approved.
5. Ecuadorian airports do not have hotel accommodation.
6. Due to the swine flu (H1N1) outbreak, Ecuadorian citizens and foreign residents traveling from Mexico to Ecuador must obtain a health certificate issued by the Mexican health authorities before leaving Mexico.
In case of not complying with the entry rules, the traveler will be deported or in case of exceeding the maximum stay, will be subject to a fine of USD 200 upon leaving the country.
Travelers may import:
1. A moderate amount of perfume;
2. One liter of alcoholic beverage;
3. 200 grams of tobacco, 50 cigars, or 300 cigars;
4. Gifts and personal items with a maximum value of:
– USD 200 for stays abroad of less than 8 days;
– USD 300 for stays abroad from 8 days to six months;
– USD 400 for stays abroad from six months to two years;
– USD 500 for stays abroad of two years or more; the amounts will also be valid for minors.
1.Citizens of Ecuador and the United States of America can import firearms and ammunition, provided they obtain a permit issued by the Ecuadorian consulate;
2. The import of dried and fresh meat, meat products without preserving and all kinds of plants and vegetables, requires a prior permission from the Ministry of Agriculture.
Travelers can export a moderate amount of national cigars, tobacco, and alcoholic beverages.
– The export of narcotics, live animals or animal parts, gold bars and antiques is prohibited.
Importing pets requires a health certificate issued by an authorized government veterinarian and approved by local health authorities in the country of origin. The certificate must contain information about the animal, as well as origin, age, sex, license number. Additionally, dogs require a certificate of rabies vaccination, issued a maximum of three months prior to travel.
The traveler must collect and pass their luggage through customs controls at the first airport of entry in Ecuador.
The luggage of the traveler whose final destination is not in Ecuador.
Travelers who enter with more than two pieces of luggage, must pay high customs fees:
– Third piece of luggage: USD 200;
– Fourth piece of luggage: USD 400;
– From the fifth piece of luggage, all pieces of luggage will be checked and the traveler must pay a fee for the total content of the luggage.
1. All travelers, who leave the country on international flights, are required to pay civil aviation taxes in cash:
– USD 27.75 for travelers departing from Guayaquil;
– USD 40.80 for travelers departing from other airports.
Place of payment: The airport of departure.
1. Transit travelers who continue their journey on the same flight;
2. Travelers with transit within 24 hours, provided the immigration authorities are informed and the traveler’s passport has the T1 / entry classification stamp.
two.All travelers, leaving the country on international flights, are required to pay airport taxes of USD 2 or equivalent in foreign currency.
Place of payment: The airport of departure.
There are no restrictions on the import of local currency (United States Dollar – USD / Ecuadorian Sucre-ECS) and foreign currencies.
There are no restrictions on the export of local currency (United States Dollar – USD / Ecuadorian Sucre-ECS) and foreign currencies.
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us on Facebook Page