How to Get North Carolina ID Card | Can I get a NC ID online? What documents are needed for real ID in NC? Is the Real ID mandatory in NC? Does CVS make photo ID cards? all that you need is here below;
The idea behind the REAL ID is pretty straightforward: Create a new form of state driver’s license or ID card that requires stricter documentation to guarantee the identity of the person who has one.
The N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles offers identification cards for customers who require a photo ID but do not require a driver license. Under North Carolina law, holders of these non-operator IDs are not permitted to operate a motor vehicle.
When applying for an ID card for the first time, an individual must visit an NCDMV driver license office with the following documents:
- One document verifying age and identity
- A Social Security card or one document proving they have a Social Security number
- For U.S. citizens, one document proving residency
- For non-U.S. citizens, one document issued by the U.S. government indicating legal presence
Schedule an Office Appointment Online
Don’t want to stand in line? Appointments for in-office license and ID card services can be made online.Learn more about making an appointment online
NCDMV also offers an N.C. REAL ID identification card, which requires additional information and requirements.
- Applying for a North Carolina ID card will cancel any ID cards from other states through the State-to-State Verification program.
- North Carolina issues ID cards from a central location and mails them to applicants within 20 days.
Renewing a State ID
Individuals can renew their state ID card up to six months before it expires at any NCDMV driver license office. Online renewal is not available for ID cards.
|Name of Fee||Fee Amount|
|Standard non-operator ID card||$13|
No-Fee ID Cards
IDs are available at no cost for qualified customers.
|Card Type||Qualifying Recipients||Additional Requirements|
|No-fee ID||North Carolina residents who are either:
|No-fee ID for citizens with developmental disabilities||North Carolina residents diagnosed with a developmental disability||
Homebound Customer Requests
Residents who want to obtain an ID card but are unable to appear at an NCDMV driver license office because of a severe disability may request homebound assistance by:
- Completing the Homebound Customer Request form.
- Calling Issuance Resolution at (919) 861-3030
- Requesting by mail from the Issuance Resolution Unit, 3176 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27697-3176
To be eligible for homebound assistance, the resident must present a letter from a physician certifying that the resident is homebound and must, as described above, provide proof of age and identity, a valid Social Security number and proof of citizenship and residency.
Searches related to North Carolina National ID Card
- north carolina identification card
- get a free id card
- nc dmv
- nc id card replacement
- where can i get a picture id fast
- where is id number on n.c. drivers license
- identification card online
- north carolina drivers license
⇒ I believe this brain teaser guide was helpful right?… If yes, don’t hesitate to share it with us. or Join us on Facebook Page