It is important to know that the business of washing cars in Nigeria is lucrative as you are able to make money from it in many ways apart from the washing aspect which is the mainstay. How do I Start Car wash Business in Nigerian?
Due to the nature of Nigerian roads which are most times dusty and dirty, cars and cars in Nigeria tend to become dirty often especially when they are parked by the road. How to Open a Car Wash Business in Nigeria
As a car owner, you’d always wish that your cars are clean at all times. At times you do the washing of your car by yourself but maybe due to reasons like time and chance, you could decide to delegate the job of washing your cars to car washers to help you wash them for you. That is how car wash business makes its money. In this business, the more dirty cars are available, the more work a car washer will have thus leading to more customers and money for the business. Washing of cars in Nigeria is fast becoming a big time business.
To get started, the first thing to do is to get a place for the business which should be the roadside and then,advertise the business. Yes, I must emphasize that the location of a business is key and very important and what goes for other businesses goes for car wash business.When you have a good business location which I still suggest should be by the roadside in a place with good flow of traffic, you can be assured of many customers and on a good day, you might be smiling home with at least twenty five thousand naira.
Before you start your car wash, an important thing to do is a feasibility study of the area you intend to establish your car wash. One of the things to do here is to simply visit already existing car washing spots in that locality. You are not just going to go and watch them work; you will take note of things like how many cars are washed in each day, how muchthey charge per car, depending on the type of car to be washed and what the washer gains from washing each car. If, for example,their price should be fixed at a thousand naira per car, then it is possible that on a good day, with about 20-30 cars, they should make up to twenty-five thousand naira (N25, 000) every day.
How To Start A Car Washing Business In Nigeria
The steps involved in starting and establishing a car washing business in Nigeria have already been mentioned above but let’s go a step further to reiterate on some of them and add others:
- Learn The Trade
Before you can start a car washing business and succeed here in Nigeria, you should get to know the requirements of a car washing business in Nigeria. The car washing business is far more than knowing how to wash your own car or that of your friends, seniors, or parents. You need to learn the different techniques for washing different kinds of cars, chemicals, and materials used for washing different kinds of cars, etc. To know all these and more, you have to learn the trade.
- Develop A Valid Car Wash Business Plan
You must have your car wash business plan and strategy as this will help you to make decisions in the future and also get loans. With this plan you will not be surprised with any change in your business and it does not matter when the changes will occur as you’ve already anticipated and estimated them in your business plan.
Importance Of Car Wash Business Plan
A car wash business plan is a document that has been properly written to take care of changes in the future. It is also written based on the experiences of already existing car washing business. Lists of some of the things to take into consideration include:
- Starting a car wash business
- Getting the interest of the client
- Maintaining and making income from clients
If all things work out as they have been planned, a car washer can make up to ten thousand naira (N10, 000) on a weekly daily and sixty-thousand (N60, 000) naira each week. Further calculation will show that a car washer can make up to N240, 000 in a month and about N2, 880,000 in a year.
Notwithstanding, a car wash business plan will also help you in the area of human resource control as you will be meeting a lot of people. Areas to go into consist of workforce, management and personnel operation. The importance of this is the continuous patronage from clients.
The car wash business plan will offer you a plan and knowledge on how to make profit in all aspects of the business and how to succeed in the business.
- Find A Good Location:
As it is well known already, the location of a business will determine if it will succeed or not. You have to find a place that is easily accessible. Your location must also be a place that car owners pass through on a daily basis. Preferably, it should be a place that does not have the same business as yours. It should be a place where a car washing service is required on a constant basis. These places can be cities, towns, or even walkways.
- It is important to get your business registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria(CAC).
- As it is said, you cannot work without your tools. Therefore, it is important to have the much-needed equipment to work as a car wash business centre such as a GeePeeTank, borehole and pumping machine, host, bucket, detergents, foams, brushes, toolbox containing all the basic car tools, etc. It you do not have a borehole in your place for now, you are free to make use of the available clean water source in the area.
- The ground or floor of your car washing spot should be made of concrete. The cemented floor is where you will wash the cars and why concrete is usually preferred is that concrete is stronger and withstands peculation than ordinary cement floors. You should also make available a place where your customers can relax and while you do their work.
- You should also think of additional means to make your business place more interesting and relaxing especially for your clients. This can be by creating a small food joint or playing music. Also, you can improve your services as a way of rewarding the customer by offering them free vacuuming and waxing of their vehicles.
- Getting people to know about your business is key for the business to thrive. You can advertise by making use of platforms like social media, fliers, and non-print media. This can be costly, depending on the area, who is handling if for you, the volume of the advertorials, etc. It could cost approximately N3, 000,000 to start a standard car washing business in Nigeria with all the basic facilities intact.
→ I believe this brain teaser guide was helpful right?… If yes, don’t hesitate to share it with us.