The Joint Admits and Matriculation Board, JAMB offers admission letters to successful candidates who have gotten admission from the board into their preferred school of choice. The process of admission letter printing is only applicable for candidates whose admission status has indicated provisional admission into the institution they choose when applying for the JAMB Application process. In this regard, we have outlined steps to go on the process of printing a JAMB Admission Letter.
Admission Letter is an official document presented by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board showing evidence of admission to a particular candidate. This letter is very essential to your admission into any institution in Nigeria, as it will be required from you when further screenings will be done.
The document has your name, the school admitted into, registration number, programme you gain the admission, and the duration of the programme (whether 4 years, 5 years, or 6 years).
Steps to Print your Admission Letter
To ensures a hitch free process and to avoid errors, here are steps to follow and print your own letter of admission;
- First thing is to visit the jamb efacility website @ http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/
There, you will be required to login with the JAMB profile you created during registration. All you have to do is to input your email address and password and login to access your profile.
- When your are logged in to your account, check in your dashboard for a place you’ll see ‘admission letter’ and click on it to open.
- In the new page for the admission letter, a Transaction ID will be generated for this service. This numbers will be displayed on the confirmation page screen. Do a check on the details that are shown on the Confirmation Page and note the Transaction ID displayed in bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction hence, a copy of your transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address for retrieval.
- Choose the payment method you intend on using. If you would want to pay for the charge through your card, click the Continue bottom or use any alternative that suites.
For payment through ATM, Cash at the Bank, or Quickteller, it is virtually the same method as others as the transaction number will be required. Take note of the transaction ID number you were given.
If you wish to pay using Interswitch, enter your card details on the payment page and click on the Pay button. After which the status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” A mail containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment or it may also come as SMS.
Proceed by clicking the Continue button.
- After all, payments have been completely done, proceed to process your admission letter by punching a click of the continue button.
Please endeavor to fill in your details accurately on the information page before printing the letter. They are;
- Your JAMB Registration Number.
- Examination Year
After giving this necessary information about you, proceed to print the admission letter or alternatively request to send the letter as a mail to your email.
Hope this way easy to carry out? If you have any challenge doing it personally, just walk to the nearest computer operating outlet or cyber cafe and give them the necessary details to print a letter of admission for you.
That’s our take on ‘how to print Jamb admission letter’, let’s shed more light on this JAMB Admission Letter: the cost of it, what it can be used for and other essential things to know about this unique letter.
How much is charged for the JAMB Admission Letter?
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB mandates all candidates who have been offered a provisional admission to pay a fee for their Admission Letter. This fee is affordable for all and sundry. The fee charged for the JAMB Admission Letter is the payment of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only). It can be paid using Online payment via Interswitch (Visa, Mastercard, Verve) cards. This fee excludes service charge and charges by the cyber cafe, the both could sum to N500 depending on the centre and it brings the total sum of what to budget for the admission letter to N1500. For more emphasis on the payment procedures, read steps 3 and 4 above.
After the required fees are being paid, you will be able to access and print out your admission letter from the JAMB website.
The uses of the Admission Letter
The JAMB result printout was critical to your admission, and you make it essential. Same is the Admission Letter to your acceptance by the university. The usefulness of this letter doesn’t stop in the school, it goes a long way in the future for some documentations. Keep your admission letter as it is very important and will be needed;
- For admission registration procedure/clearance in the institution you were admitted into.
- If you wish to apply for a scholarship
- If you intend to further your study abroad or at home in any of the postgraduate programmes, the Admission Letter is one of the first things asked for.
- The document is also needed by the National Youth Service (NYSC) to enable you gain approval.
That’s all we have to stress this. We have took time to explain what is the Admission Letter, its usefulness, the cost of it and the steps on how to print it.
NB: Check your admission status first before you proceed to print your admission letter.
Congratulations for All Successful Candidate
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us on Facebook Page