The purpose of the Lundbeck Foundation Fellows programme is to support highly promising young researchers in their efforts to establish an independent profile and research group. With these grants, we aim to support some of tomorrow’s most important contributors to research breakthroughs, significantly impacting research and society.
Lundbeck Foundation’s vision is to create better lives through new knowledge. We wish our grants to make a significant contribution to increasing research-based knowledge and experience in the field of biomedical and health sciences in Denmark. At the same time, our grants must help ensure that Denmark always has the best graduates and scientists at all career levels in these fields. Lundbeck Foundation believes that diversity strengthens science and for this reason diversity, including, but not limited to, gender and ethnic origin, is encouraged.
- Applications Deadline: December 13, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: The proposed research must be within the fields of biomedical, clinical or health science, or must facilitate research within these fields. Your project proposes frontline clinical, translational or basic research within the fields of biomedical, clinical or health science, or facilitates research within these fields.
- Scholarship Award: Lundbeck Foundation is allocating up to DKK 100 million to this call for proposals. Grants are DKK 10 million each and cover five years. The budget may include all staff and non-staff costs related to the project, including your own salary. 10% of the budget can be reserved for indirect costs if appropriately justified.
- Nationality: Danish, as well as overseas researchers, are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Danish as well as overseas researchers are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Lundbeck Foundation fellowships are granted to outstanding and promising young researchers who are establishing or expanding their own research groups at non-commercial Danish research institutions. This applies to Danish-based researchers, to researchers from abroad who wish to move to Denmark and continue their research here and to researchers already employed at Danish universities and university hospitals.
- Have obtained their PhD no more than eight years ago (rules for leave of absence apply 1 ).
- Work within the fields of health or biomedicine, or related fields with a clear biomedical angle to the project.
Applicants may not:
- Already hold major Danish or international starting grants similar to a Lundbeck Foundation Fellowship
- Already hold a position as professor or associate professor in theoretical or clinical research environments.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: You must submit your application, written in English, via Lundbeck Foundation’s application system no later than 13th December 2018 at 1.00 pm CET (GMT+1). Please note that the Foundation will not consider or assess any application material which is not submitted via the application system.
Your application must include the following:
- Research plan
- Publication list and CV
- A letter of support from the Danish host institution
- A Letter of Intent from a resident researcher at the host institution who will mentor you during the process of establishing a research group as an integral part of the research environment there.
There are further details in the application guide on the application form.
You are welcome to contact Science Manager Ulla Jakobsen, uj-at-lundbeckfonden.com, or Head of Talent & Career Programmes Anne-Marie Engel, ame-at-lundbeckfonden.com, if you have any questions regarding your application.