NOUN List of Courses Offered | The National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos (NOUN), List of Accredited Undergraduate courses is here available online and admission Entry requirement, This Article is for those that are interested and want to apply for admission in any academic session. Just stay focus and check the guidelines Below.
So basically, we’ve made it very easy for you to easily view the subject combination and study requirements that you need to get into any of the listed courses offered in NOUN. See Accredited Universities That Accepts 2 Sittings (WAEC and NECO) in Nigeria
- NOUN Post UTME Form
- NOUN Cut Off Marks.
- NOUN School Fees.
- History of NOUN
- JAMB brochure (check the requirements for each programme)
The National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos (NOUN) has been official accredited and/or recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC), Nigeria.
Do you want to find out the list of courses you can study at the National Open University of Nigeria,? Below are the list of high-quality courses on offer at the National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos (NOUN).
This page will be updated when a new programme is introduced.
|Programme Title||Host Faculty||Remarks|
|Access and General Studies||Access and General Studies|
|B. Agric. (Agricultural Extension and Rural Development Option)||Agricultural Sciences|
|B. Agric. (Crop Production and Protection Sciences Option)||Agricultural Sciences|
|B. Agric. (Soil and Land Resources Management Option)||Agricultural Sciences|
|B. Agric. (Agricultural Economics and Agro Business Option)||Agricultural Sciences|
|PGD Agricultural Extension and Management||Agricultural Sciences|
|B. Agric. (Aquaculture and Fisheries Management Option)||Agricultural Sciences|
|B. Agric. (Animal Science Option)||Agricultural Sciences|
|B.Sc. Hotel and Catering Management||Agricultural Sciences||
|B.Sc Agricultural Extension and Management||Agricultural Sciences|
|M.A Christian Religious Studies||Arts|
|Ph.D Christian Religious Studies||Arts|
|PGD. Christian Religious Studies||Arts|
|B.A. Islamic Studies||Arts|
|B.A. Christian Religious studies||Arts|
|M.Ed Guidance and Counselling||Education|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)||Education|
|Ph.D Mathematical Education||Education|
|Ph.D Educational Technology||Education|
|Ph.D Science Education||Education|
|Ph.D Educational Administration and Planning||Education|
|M.Ed. Educational Technology||Education|
|M.Ed. Science Education||Education|
|M.Ed. Educational Administration and Planning||Education|
|B.Sc.(Ed) Business Education||Education|
|B.A.(Ed) Primary Education||Education|
|B.A.(Ed) Early Childhood Education||Education|
|B.Sc.(Ed) Computer Science||Education|
|B.Sc.(Ed) Integrated Science||Education|
|B.Sc.(Ed) Agricultural Science||Education|
|BSc Environmental Health||Health Sciences|
|Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNSc)_Old||Health Sciences||
|Postgraduate Diploma in (PGD) HIV/AIDS Education and Management||Health Sciences||
|B.Sc Public Health||Health Sciences|
|(BNSc) Bachelor of Nursing Science||Health Sciences|
|PGD in Legislative Drafting||Law||
|Ph.D Business Administration||Management Sciences|
|Ph.D Public Administration||Management Sciences|
|B.Sc Banking and Finance||Management Sciences|
|B.Sc Marketing||Management Sciences|
|BSc Public Administration||Management Sciences|
|B.Sc Business Administration||Management Sciences|
|MSc Public Administration||Management Sciences|
|MSc Business Administration||Management Sciences|
|PGD Financial Management||Management Sciences||
|PGD Business Administration||Management Sciences|
|PGD Public Administration||Management Sciences|
|B.Sc Accounting||Management Sciences|
|B.Sc. Entrepreneurship||Management Sciences|
|Master of Public Administration (MPA)||Management Sciences|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||Management Sciences|
|B.Sc. Cooperative and Rural Development||Management Sciences|
|B.Sc. Data Management||Sciences||
|M.Sc. Information Technology||Sciences|
|PGD. Information Technology||Sciences|
|B.Sc. Mathematics/Computer Science||Sciences|
|B.Sc. Environmental Management and Toxicology||Sciences|
|B.Sc. Computer Science||Sciences|
|B.Sc. Information Technology||Sciences|
|B.Sc. International and Diplomatic Studies||Social Sciences||
|PGD Mass Communication||Social Sciences|
|B.Sc. Tourism Studies||Social Sciences|
|B.Sc Economics||Social Sciences|
|B.Sc. Political Science||Social Sciences|
|M.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution||Social Sciences|
|M.Sc. Mass Communication||Social Sciences|
|PGD. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution||Social Sciences|
|PGD. Criminology and Security Studies||Social Sciences|
|B.Sc. Mass Communication||Social Sciences|
|B.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution||Social Sciences|
|B.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies||Social Sciences|
**LAST YEAR UPDATE ON COURSES**
A. SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
|i.||Undergraduate Degree Programmes||Programme Code|
|a)||B.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies||2201|
|b)||B.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution||2202|
|c)||B.Sc. Mass Communication||2204|
|e)||B.A French and International Relations||2206|
|f)||B.A Christian Theology||2207|
|g)||B.A Islamic Studies||2208|
|h)||B.Sc. Political Science||2211|
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
|a)||Criminology and Security Studies||2301|
|b)||Journalism and Mass Communication||2302|
|c)||Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution||2303|
Masters Degree Programmes
|a)||Sc. Mass Communication||2401|
|a)||Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution||2402|
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
|a)||Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)||4301|
|a)||Postgraduate Diploma in Distance Education (PGDDE)||4302|
iii. Masters of Education (M.Ed.) Programmes
|a)||Educational Administration and Planning||4401|
|b)||Educational Administration and Planning Science Education||4402|
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes (By Research)
English (Language/ Literature) 2505
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
|Undergraduate Programme||Programme Code|
|a)||B. Agric. Agricultural Economics and Agro Business||4203|
|b)||B. Agric. Agricultural Extension and Rural Development||4204|
|c)||B. Agric. Animal Science||4205|
|d)||B. Agric. Aquaculture and Fisheries Management||4206|
|e)||B. Agric. Soil and Land Resources Management||7205|
|h)||B. Agric. Crop Production and protection Sciences||7206|
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programme
PGD Agricultural Extension and Management 5301/7301
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
|a)||B.Sc. (Ed.) Agricultural Science||4201|
|b)||B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology||4202|
|c)||B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry||4203|
|d)||B.Sc. (Ed.) Integrated Science||4204|
|e)||B.Sc. (Ed.) Computer Science||4205|
|f)||B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics||4206|
|g)||B.Sc. (Ed.) Physics||4207|
|h)||B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Education||4212|
Master of Science Business Administration
|a)||Master of Science Business Administration||3416|
Arts & Humanities Education
|S/N||Undergraduate Degree Programmes||Programme Code|
|a)||B.A (Ed.) Early Childhood Education||4208|
|b)||B.A (Ed.) English||4209|
|c)||B.A (Ed.) French||4210|
|d)||B.A (Ed.) Primary Education||2411|
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programme (By Course Work and Research)
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
|B.Sc. Computer Science||5202|
|B.Sc. Communication Technology||5203|
|B.Sc. Data Management||5204|
|B.Sc. Environmental Science & Resource Management||5205|
|B.Sc. Financial Mathematics||5215|
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
|b)||Mobile Communications Technology (Wireless)||5304|
Masters Degree Programme
|a)||Information Technology (with Internet Options)||5401|
SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES
|Undergraduate Programme||Programme Codes|
|a)||B.Sc. Community Health||5211/8201|
|b)||B.Sc. Dental Technology||8202|
|c)||B.Sc. Environmental Health||8203|
Postgraduate Diploma Programme
|a)||PGD HIV/AIDS Education and Management||5303/8301|
NOUN SCHOOL OF LAW
|i)||Undergraduate programme||Programme Code|
|a)||LLB (Law) Degree programme||6201|
NOUN Postgraduate Diploma Programme
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
|i||Undergraduate Programme||Programme Code|
|b)||B.Sc. Cooperatives Management||3201|
|d)||B.Sc. Accounting (in Collaboration with ICAN)||3205|
|e)||B.Sc. Hospitality Management||3206|
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
NOUN Management Science Masters Degree Programmes
|a)||Master of Public Administration (MPA)||3411|
|b)||Master of Business Administration (MBA)||3413|
|c)||Master of Science Public Sector Management||3414|
|d)||Master of Science Public Administration||3415|
CENTRE FOR LIFELONG LEARNING (CLL)
|i.||Proficiency Certificate Programmes||
|a)||Call Centre Skills||0004|
|b)||Mobile Phone Repair||0005|
University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
|b)||Dental Office Practice||1017|
|c)||Arabic and Islamic Studies||1022|
|f)||Hotel and Catering Management||1025|
|e)||Medical Office Practice||1208|
|f)||Arabic and Islamic Studies||1218|
a) Proficiency Certificate Programmes
- No previous experience or qualification is necessary.
- Ability to read and write will be an advantage.
Note: Candidates for Proficiency Certificates will NOT be qualified to proceed to Certificates/Diploma programmes without possessing the requisite basic qualifications.
b) University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB and at not more than two sittings.
- T.C II with at least 2 merits at not more than two sittings.
- Mature candidates of 30 years and above with relevant work experience of not less than 10 years or evidence of prior knowledge/proficiency in a relevant field may be considered on their merit.
- I’dadiyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
- A minimum of three credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO and NABTEB at not more than two sittings with at least a pass in English Language.
- A minimum of three merits in Teacher Grade II Certificate at not more than two sittings.
- Senior Islamic School Certificate/Higher Islamiyyah Certificate including Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Thanawiyyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
- NOUN Academic Certificate and Certificates of other recognized institutions.
Note: To qualify to proceed to appropriate degree programme of NOUN, holders of Diploma Certificates would be required to make up any deficiencies in their SSCE/GCE, NECO, NABTEB and T.C II.
- Five (5) SSC credit passes or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- Teachers’ Grade II Certificate with a minimum of five (5)merit passes or in combination with any equivalent qualification to obtain five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes. Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must have five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Literature in English and at least a Pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in SSC or GCE ‘O’ level only.
- The School of Arts and Social Sciences require that one of the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must be in English Language, while at least two (2) should be in subjects relevant to the proposed programme.
- For School of Business and Human Resources Management, the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must include English Language and Mathematics.
- For School of Education, the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must include English Language and Mathematics for Science Education; and English Language for all Humanities.
- For School of Science and Technology, the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must include Mathematics and English Language.
- ND from recognised institutions.
- NCE in subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study; Early Childhood and Primary Education Programme requires a minimum of one (1) Merit and two (2) passes at NCE.
- At least two (2) ‘A’ level passes in relevant subjects obtained from International Baccalaureate or IJMB and the pre-requisite number of ‘O’ level credit passes. Candidates for entry into the School of Law must have a minimum of second class (lower) degree from any recognized university with at least five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Literature in English and a pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in SSC or GCE ‘O’ Level only.
- Five (5) ‘0’ level credit passes and ‘A’ level passes must be in subjects relevant to the proposed programme (s).
- ‘O’ level credit pass in Mathematics is required for all Sciences and Technology, Business Education and Science Education Programmes. ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics may be considered for Social Sciences Programmes. Also, ‘O’ level pass in English Language may be considered for Physics and Mathematics Programmes.
- Candidates applying for B.A English, B.A. (Ed) English and B.Sc. Mass Communication must have ‘O’ level credit pass in Literature in English.
- Holders of First Degree, HND or RN with prior knowledge and relevant work experience may be considered for advanced placement and waiver.
- Candidates awaiting results of any relevant examination may also apply; they should however note that processing of application will not be completed until entry requirements are met.
Candidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN; or
- Holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN.
- Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a minimum of L.L.B degree.
- candidate seeking admission for PGD Agricultural Extension and Management must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd class division is required. Candidates with pass degree and minimum of 3 years related experience may be accepted. HND holders in Agric Science or other related disciplines may be admitted. Holders of Bachelor degree in basic Science, Biological/Earth Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences from Universities that are recognised by NOUN are admitable.
- candidate seeking admission for the PGD HIV/AIDS Education and Management must possess HND or a good first degree in related field of study. In addition, 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a University recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or study.
- A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University recognised by Senate may also be admitted.
- A good honours degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational and Technical subjects) from any University recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Prospective students seeking admission for M.Sc. HIV/AIDS Management are required to have PGD in HIV/AIDS education and management as well as 5 credits in: English and Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PH.D) PROGRAMMES
- For the Doctor of Philosophy degree programmes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant fields of study from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- Candidates for Ph.D Programmes will be invited for an interactive session before an offer of admission is made.
- Candidates are advised to forward transcripts of their academic records and three (3) referees report, 2 of which must be from persons very well acquainted with the candidate’s academic work, to the Dean, Postgraduate School from which admission is requested.
Don’t forget to Check:
- Nigerian Institutions To Write Post UTME Without Choosing Them in JAMB CLICK HERE
- What is JAMB Cut off Marks? Click HERE
- Universities that Accept 120 Cut-Off Mark CLICK HERE
- School that Accepts 150 JAMB Cut Off Mark CLICK HERE
- List of Universities That Accepts 160 Cut -Off Mark CLICK HERE
- Schools that Accepts 180 JAMB Cut Off Mark CLICK HERE
- Are You Preparing for Post UTME Examination CLICK HERE
- Do I need a change of course/institution? Click HERE
Check List of Schools Whose Post UTME Form Are Out & Departmental Cut-off Marks In various Institution We Appreciate your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about List of Accredited courses, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. See Universities that Released Postgraduate Forms
See: JAMB Post-UTME Cut off Marks. Meanwhile, do not forget Hot School News will be there for you all through the journey. So ensure you visit regularly for updates regarding the Admission exercise. Check How To Gain Admission Into Nigerian Institution & List of School to Get Post UTME Past Questions and Solution
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us on Facebook Page