For being so petite, ballerinas have big feet. It’s one of the first things a budding ballerina learns when training to be a dancer: Small feet give you better balance and help you fit inside those pointe shoes.
In fact, many dancers will go to great lengths to maintain their “bird-like” feet, soaking in vinegar or cutting their toes every night with scissors.
The rationale is that such practices make your feet slimmer and your toes more flexible, which makes dancing easier and more comfortable for the dancer.
Even if you don’t aspire to become a professional ballerina one day, knowing how they keep their feet as small as possible is beneficial to any dancer. After all, having large or unbalanced feet can hurt your balance when performing difficult movements or cause blisters during rehearsal or performance.
How to Get Sexy Ballerina Feet (and Why You Should Care)
Do you ever feel like your feet are weird? Like they don’t quite look like everyone else’s. Maybe your toes are too long, or your heels are too wide, or maybe they’re just plain awkward. For many, this is something that they have struggled with all their lives.
But there is no need to worry. Even if you think your feet look weird, it doesn’t mean that you can’t get sexy ballerina feet! Let us tell you right away that having weird-looking feet doesn’t make you any less beautiful than the next person. You don’t need to feel embarrassed about it; trust us.
Having awkward-looking feet does not mean that you cannot find ways to make them look smaller and cuter. Sure, some of the tips we outline below are specific to people with ballerina feet, but that doesn’t mean they won’t work for you as well!
What Does Sexy Foot Habits Look Like?
As we mentioned above, the best way to describe sexy foot habits is by comparing them to unhealthy foot habits. If you’re not sure what we’re talking about, don’t worry. We’re about to get into the nitty-gritty. But first, let’s talk about what healthy foot habits look like.
- Have an open-minded view of your foot’s shape. If you’re self-conscious about the shape of your feet, you might be tempted to ignore them when selecting shoes. But this actually might make your feet look more awkward than they already do.
- Take good care of your feet. Make sure you keep them clean, moisturized and exfoliated.
- Avoid wearing high heels. Sure, they look great. But wearing high heels can cause everything from back pain to bunions.
- Wear comfortable, well-fitting shoes that fit your foot shape.
How to Get Sexy Ballerina Feet
- While we can’t magically make your feet smaller, we can help you make them look smaller.
- First and foremost, you need to stop wearing high heels. Or at least, you need to cut back on them.
- You also need to start taking better care of your feet.
- If you have to wear heels, you should wear ones that have a wide heel. This will help to distribute your weight more evenly, reducing pressure on your toes and balls of your feet.
- You should also wear thicker socks to keep your feet from sliding around inside your shoes.
Make Your Toes Smaller
- Many people who have large toes tend to file them down. While this may not be the best idea to make them look smaller, it can help you avoid stubbing them when you’re wearing shoes.
- You can also use an acrylic to cover up your unwanted nails.
- Another option is to paint your nails a darker colour, like red or black. This should help to make your toes look smaller.
- You can also try applying a darker shade of nail polish to the tips of your toes.
Shave Your Calves and Shins
- This one is important, especially if you want to make your legs look smaller.
- While you don’t want to shave your entire leg, you can definitely shave the calves and the ankles.
- You can also shave your shins, but make sure you use a light touch. You don’t want to end up with nicks and cuts!
- For best results, you should use an electric shaver.
- Once you shave your legs and ankles, you need to make sure that you moisturize them.
- You can use something like an exfoliating scrub, or a pumice stone, to remove dead skin and make your legs look smoother.
- You can also try applying a moisturizer that contains hyaluronic acid, which can help to plump your skin and make your legs look fuller and thicker.
Get a Good Pair of Heels
- Once again, we’re not trying to make your feet smaller. But heels will help you elongate your legs and make you appear taller.
- You can also try a platform heel, which will make your legs look longer.
- Another option is to try wedged heels. Wedged heels are higher in the back, which helps to shorten your calves and make your legs appear longer.
- If you’re worried about your shoes being too tight, you can always try wearing thicker socks. This will help to widen your ankles and make your shoes fit better.
- You can also try buying shoes with a wider fit.
- If your shoes are too short, you can always try to stack your heels.
- This tip is most applicable to people who have bunions on their feet.
- If you have bunions, using medical tape can help to make them less visible.
- You can use a medical tape like micropore, to cover up your bunions and make them less visible.
- Using medical tape can help to reduce the pain caused by bunions, as well as make them less visible.
- If you have bunions and you want to wear sandals, you can try taping your sandals to your feet to make them fit better.
And there you have it! These tips should help you get some sexy ballerina feet. But remember, these tips are not just for people with ballerina feet. Anyone can use these tips to make their feet look better!
Having weird-looking feet doesn’t make you any less beautiful than the next person. You don’t need to feel embarrassed about it; trust us. Having awkward-looking feet doesn’t mean that you cannot get sexy ballerina feet. All you need to do is to follow the tips we outlined above, and your feet will look great!
Now that you know how to get sexy ballerina feet, what are you waiting for? Put these tips into action, and you’ll be looking fabulous in no time!
And if you ever feel like your feet are weird, remember, everybody’s feet look weird. It’s just a part of being human!