Kenya Prison Service Recruitment | Kenya Prison Service (KPS) is currently accepting applications from eligible Kenya for its 2020 recruitment exercise. See the requirements and how to apply for the Kenya Prison Service Recruitment below. all applicants will undergo a fair recruitment process.
The Kenya Prison Service (KPS) Recruitment for this current year 2020 is on, INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can also apply for any of the positions available.
Most read: Kenya Prisons Service Salary Structure
Positions Available in the Kenya Prison Service and requirements.
Please Note: for you to become a member of Kenya Prison Service, applicants are expected to meet the following requirement:
- Interested candidates must hold the KCSE with a minimum grade of D+ or its equivalent from a recognized school
- Applicants must be citizens of Kenya
- You must be aged 18 – 28 for high school leavers
- Applicants must ensure that they are physically and mentally fit
- Male applicants must be taller than 5.4 feet while female applicants must be taller than 5’’2
- You must have good hearing and a clear vision
- Must not have been involved in criminal activity in the past
- Female applicants must not be pregnant during the application or during the training period
- All applicants are expected to come with their original national ID card, KRA PIN Certificate, Educational Certificate, as well as their testimonials on the day of accomplishment
- Applicants can bear associate intensive Government-sponsored professional paramilitary program for a period of 9 months
- During the process of the skilled coaching, recruits are to register for a Self-Sponsored Certificate in Security and Correctional Science offered by Kenyatta University
Applicants are to note that Bribery and other illicit acts of lobbying in a desperate attempt to ensure that they are offered positions in KPS are tagged illegal and offenders would be disqualified and made to face the full wrath of the law.
Also, any applicant who presents a fake certificate or false information about their bio-data would be disqualified and prosecuted.
Kenya Prisons Service Required Academic Qualification
Application into Kenya Prison Service is open to technicians and artisans. This group of people must possess some stipulated certificate to be considered for a place in KPS
Technicians – Candidates applying as technicians are required to hold relevant certificate/diploma from reputable institutions
Artisans – Persons applying as artisans are required to hold a minimum grade of D+ in their Kenyan Certificate Examination.
Artisans may also present Certificates in Government Trade or Certificate in Craft.
In addition to the certificates, applicants are required to have a minimum working experience of 2 years.
Kenya Prisons Service Job Vacancies
- Clinical Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Nursing Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Public Health Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Radiographers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Pharmaceutical Technologists III/II/I (PG 3)
- Community Oral Health Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Health Records Officers III/II/I (PG 3)
- Laboratory Technologists III (PG 3)
- Nutritionists III/II (PG 3)
- Animal Health Officers (PG 3)
- Information-Communication Technology Officers III (PG 3)
- Housekeepers/Caterers II (PG 3)
- P1 Tutors (PG 2)
- Early-Childhood Development Officers (PG 1)
- Cooks (PG 1)
- Bands Men (PG 1)
Positions for individuals applying as artisans include;
- Masonry or Brick birthing (PG 1/2/3)
- Construction or craft & Joinery (PG1/2/3 )
- Tailoring, Dress creating, Fashion &Designing (PG1/2/3)
- Fitter General (PG 1/2/3)
- Architects Assistants (PG1/2/3)
- Metal employees (PG 1/2/3)
- Wood/Stone carvers (PG 1/2/3)
- Leather Works (PG 1/2/3)
- Electrical Assistants (PG1/2/3)
- Painting & sign writers (PG1/2/3)
- Plant Technicians (PG 1/2/3)
- Plumbers/Water offer Operators (PG 1/2/3)
- Draughtsman (PG 1/2/3)
- Videographers (PG 1/2/3)
- Hair and Beauty Therapist (PG 1/2/3)
- Welding and fabrication (PG ½)
KPS Recruitment Portal
As of the time of filing the report, the KPS portal is closed and the website doesn’t seem to be accessible. We urge all prospective applicants to be vigilant and not be naive to fall to scammers who peddle false information with the aim of disposing of prospective applicants of money.
You are advised not to pay heed to information from unconfirmed sources on the internet or print media to avoid been scammed.
Applicants who wish to be updated about the developments in the Kenya Prison Services are advised to subscribe to our newsletter in order to get updates about the official recruitment date.
Or, intending applicants may visit the official Kenyan Prison Service website for details recruitment date.
How to Apply for KPS Recruitment Online
The authorities are yet to release the mode of application for the 2020 edition. However, we can confirm to you that the method of the application follows almost the mode on a yearly basis.
Each year, applicants are required to complete the PSC two type (2007 revised) on https://publicservice.go.ke and attach clear photocopies of the required documents which include relevant certificates, National ID card, and transfer the file to
The Commissioner General of Prisons
|⇒ I believe this brain teaser guide was helpful right?… If yes, don’t hesitate to share it with us. or Join us on Facebook Page|