How to Become Bolt Driver in South Africa : Drive & Earn
Bolt Driver: Drive & Earn
People also ask
- How do I sign up for Bolt?
- How much does a bolt driver make in South Africa?
- How do I join Indriver?
- How do I put my car on Taxify?
Becoming a Bolt Driver in South Africa
To be considered for driving on the platform, Bolt drivers must meet certain requirements (which may depend on the operating city):
- Valid driver’s license
- Vehicle registration
- Proof of insurance
- Driving experience
- Vehicle requirements
- Clean criminal record.
All it takes to join is signing up.
Signing up as a Fleet Owner
If you own multiple vehicles, you can create your own fleet with Bolt. All you need to do is sign up.
When you create your fleet owner account, you will be able to add vehicles and drivers to your fleet. Through your account, you will also receive reports stating your drivers’ earnings, which will help you manage your fleet.
Note: Fleet account setup feature varies by market.
Accessing Your Personal Data
To use Bolt services, some of your personal data will need to be processed. When registering on the Bolt platform, you agree with our General Terms and Conditions for collecting and processing your data as specified in Art.6, 1 (b) of General Data Protection Regulation.
You can access your data by logging into the Driver Portal. Please contact our Support team via the app if you have questions or need help.
Adding a Vehicle
You can now add a new vehicle via the Add a new vehicle button in the driver app or when you login the Driver Portal.
To add a vehicle through the driver app:
- Go to Settings
- Click on the Active car field
- Tap on Add a new vehicle and you will be forwarded to the driver portal
- Fill in all the required sections and upload all required documents.
Your vehicle application will be verified and you will see the new vehicle on your profile within 24 hours. Remember that you can switch cars in your driver app at any time.
- If you are a part of the fleet, this option won’t be available to you. Please contact the fleet owner and ask them to add a new vehicle for you
- Please wait for the vehicle application to be approved. Don’t drive a newly added car until you can select it in your app to avoid a possible block
- In South Africa, a private driver is allowed to have one active vehicle on their profile. By adding a new vehicle, the existing car is removed from your profile, and the new vehicle will be activated. See the video tutorial on how to add a new vehicle for more information.
Selecting a Vehicle and Category In-App
You can have one or more cars registered on your account, depending on your city. You can choose the vehicle you are working with at the start of the day.
To select a car:
- Go to Settings
- Click on Active vehicle to see all the available vehicles
- Select the car you would be driving.
You can add a car to your account through the Driver Portal for approval.
You can choose a category of rides you want to receive if your vehicle is registered in more than one category. To change it, follow these steps:
- Log into your Bolt Driver account
- Go online
- Click on a vehicle icon on the right side of the screen
- Tick the box next to the category name to select it or untick the box if you no longer wish to get requests from that category
- Tap Confirm to save the changes.
- The Category selection feature is not available in all Bolt cities.
- In South Africa, a private driver is allowed to have only one active vehicle on their profile. By adding a new vehicle, the existing car will be removed from your profile and the new vehicle will be activated.
Updating Your Account Details
You can change your phone number or email address and upload documents when needed.
Here is how:
- Go to Settings in the Driver app
- Tap on Driver Portal and sign in
- Edit your email or phone number.
When updating your phone number, make sure you still have access to your old phone number. We will send a verification code to your old phone, to confirm you have requested the changes. If you don’t have access to your old phone number, please contact our Support team for assistance.
Updating Your Banking Details
You can change your bank details when needed by logging into the Driver Portal.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- In the profile, scroll to the Payout account information option
- Enter the new details
- Click the Save button
- Enter the 2-factor authentication code sent to your phone.
Once you have confirmed the code, your information will be saved. If this option is not available in your driver portal, please contact Support for help with the following details.
Note: You will only receive payouts to your new bank account in the week following the change.
After registering your details, you’ll receive an email from us informing you how to proceed.
Register as a driver on the Bolt platform, you must have the following driving requirements:
- A valid South African PrDP
- An Android or iPhone Smartphone with GPS
- A clear criminal record (background check will be performed by Bolt).
If you have these requirements, you may continue to complete the following steps to sign up as a driver:
Step 1: Registration
Visit the application portal to start the registration process. You will be asked to enter the following details:
- Your contact details
- City (please select the city you would like to operate in here)
- Driving and/or vehicle documents.
Alternatively, if you are in the Cape Town or Johannesburg areas and all your documents are in order, please take your documents to our local offices:
- Johannesburg: 9 Charles Crescent, Strathaven, Sandton (10:30, 13:30 and 15:00)
- Cape Town: Unit 7, M5 Business Park, Eastman Road, Maitland (10:00, 12:00 and 13:30).
Step 2: Complete training
- Please allow a period of 48 hours for the application review process to take place. Bolt will contact you thereafter to advise you on the status of your application
- Once your application has been processed, Bolt will connect with you via email or SMS to invite you to attend the driver training session
- If you are signing up to drive in a city where Bolt does not have a local office, training material will be provided to you.
Step 3: Activation
- After you have completed the training session, submit your fingerprints so that Bolt can complete your background check
- Commence to the Supply area where a profile will be created for you
- Kindly allow a period of 24 – 48 hours for profile activation. You will receive an SMS containing your username. Please follow the prompts to create a password.
- When attending training, kindly arrive at the office an hour before the session begins so that your documents can be verified.
- The initial fee for vehicle inspections and fingerprint submission needs to be paid upfront (via debit or credit card) to the service centre completing these checks.
- Please note that if your background check results return positive, your profile will not be activated.
All it takes to join is signing up.
Key Searches related to Bolt in South Africa
- indriver car requirements south africa
- how do i join a bolt
- bolt south africa
- bolt driver requirements
- bolt partners looking for drivers
- bolt driver contact
- bolt driver jobs
- bolt contact number