In a very short word, the life in caregiver program (LCP) is a program in which Canadian citizens always employ a foreign national as a caretaker or many for his people in case there are no Canadian citizens or permanent residents currently available for the vacancy. How to Work as a Caregiver in Canada
The Set of Rules a Foreign national should Obey to Become a life in caregiver
A foreign national applicant that wants to live and work as a caregiver in Canada must follow the Ethics below:
1. You should be able to provide at 30 hours of full-time care to
- Less than 18 years of age for children
- 65 years and above for elderly persons
- A person with disabilities.
2. You need to live and work without any supervision in a private household where he or she can provide care.
3. You must also meet all the necessary requirements st by CIC and human resources and skills development Canada.
On the other way, an employee must also:
1. Meet all the requirements set by LCP program.
2. Wages, occupation and working role or conditions
3. Also meet advertisements requirements
Details of Applying for Permanent Residency
These are the criteria if the live-in caregiver wants to apply for permanent residency then he/she should:
1. Must worked for at least 2 years from the date of arrival in Canada to satisfy the employment requirements to get eligible for permanent residency.
Related Post: Top 20 Cities for IT andTech Jobs in Canada for Immigrants
2. You can also choose between the two options to calculate the number of employment hours which are require to apply for permanent residents Visa in Canada:
- 24 months of full-time employment with authorization.
- And 3900 hours of authoritized employment in full-time, it may include 390 hours of overtime duty.
What are the Requirements to be Satisfied by the Foreign national:
1. Language proficiency: The been employer should make sure that the live-in caregiver or an employee being hired must be able to sleek, write, and also understand at least one of the official languages of Canada which are English and French. The employee must also show some fluency levels to prove that he or she has good communication and live independently in an unsupervised environment.
2. Education and training: the employer should make sure that the live-in caregiver can Successfully complete the education equivalent to high school education in Canada. The employee should also get full-time training for at least 6 months. The live-in caregiver should have worked for at least 1 year as a full-time caregiver or in a related occupation within the last 3 years.
Multiple Employers Facility:
The foreign national applicant for the live-in caregiver can work under more than 1 employer but not more than 2. However, both employers should meet the current requirements set by the live-in caregiver program and most of important are to sign all documents include the following:
- Labor market opinion, application
- Employment contract
- And Bedroom description form, Etc.
Business Number For Employers:
The business number is a 9 digit identified which is assigned to an employee by CRA for purpose of taxes. You much also know that Canadian citizens or permanent residents that want to hair live-in caregivers are considered as employers and they must get a business number, BN from the Canada revenue agency, CRA.
Canadian citizens or permanent residents who want to hire live-in caregivers are considered as employers and they must get a business number, BN from the Canada revenue agency, CRA. The business number is to:
- Try your best to meet the registration requirements to advertise in the national Job bank website or its provincial counterpart.
- Apply for the live-in caregiver program
- Pay the wage including the vacation pay
- Make deduction from the wage as prescribed by the law and Live-in Caregiver Program
- And Issue pay stub, statements, and remuneration paid (T4).
How to Get a Business Number
The employer can obtain the business number by registering in any one of the following methods:
- Through website: the employer can utilize the online service to get registered for a business numbers.
- Through phone: the employer can call CRA business inquiry number- 1-800-959-5525. The employer should be also ready to answer the question for BN.
- Also through mail or fax: the employer gets a BN form, fill it and sent it through mail or fax to the tax service office
Please Note: The employers should provide proof that the dependent is in need of care which includes the documents proving:
• Age and percentage for a child under 18 years
- Birth certificate, or
- Adoption certificate, or
- Official guardianship or
- Medical doctor’s note that confirms the pregnancy.
- Age of senior
- Birth certificate
- Old age security identification card
- Disability for a disabled person-
- Completed medical disability certificate
- Physician note proving that the patient has a disability
We can also help you with the process and the documentation. Contact our firm, and we can get started immediately.