Kenya Presidential Digitalent | This article will provide you with valuable details that will assist you in applying for the Kenya Presidential Digital Talent Programme (PDTP) for the year 2022, and we will be providing you with the instructions and requirements on how to apply for this job through PDTP Portal ….read more below.
Digitalent Portal – https://recruitment.digitalent.go.ke/
DigiTalent is the brand name for the Presidential Digital Talent Programme (PDTP), an internship programme that develops the ICT talent pool in Kenya through a collaboration between the public and private sectors. It is a partnership between government, public and private sector stakeholders and is to be implemented by the Ministry of Information Communications and Technology (MoICT) through the ICT Authority (ICTA).
See: Top 100 Companies To Work in Kenya and Earn Good SalaryAbout Kenya Presidential Digitalent
Digitalent is a strategic intervention by ICT Authority on behalf of the Ministry of Information Communication Technology to develop and sustain high end ICT talent by bridging the gap between industry requirements and the capabilities of the local workforce. This is in line with the National ICT master plan which underscores the need to develop a critical mass of high-end ICT skills and to develop an ICT ready workforce to meet the needs of the industry. The programme has trained over 1200 ICT graduates.
Digitalent focuses on two key aspects:
- Leadership development to develop ICT leaders in government management staff by entrenching them with ICT business principles to effectively run ICT structures.
- ICT technical capacity development by training freshly qualified graduates through an internship programme to develop a ready and affordable pool of ICT talent for government.
PDTP aims at developing the ICT talent pool by leveraging collaboration between the public and private sectors. Specifically, its main objectives are:
a. To deliver a combination of structured training, coaching and mentoring.
b. To develop a pipeline of future talent for government with a passion for ethical and accountable public service delivery.
c. To train at least 100 interns over a revolving 12-month period.
d. To promote innovation in local ICT product offerings
PDTP is beneficial in the following ways:
a. Increased youth employability
b. Improved Public/Private sector collaboration Accelerated economic impact through ICT effectiveness
c. Enhanced service delivery by leveraging on ICT
Support ICTA’s contribution to GDP projected to be 8% of GDP by 2017 as outlined in the ICT Masterplan.
- Applicants MUST have graduated and attained First or Upper Second-Class Honors (or the equivalent) from a recognized institution in the last two years from 2019 to the date of this advertisement.
- Recent graduates in BSc ICT or Engineering – The graduates must have thorough knowledge in the core areas of specialization; Network & Infrastructure, Engineering, Applications Development, Graphics & Design, Information Security and Project Management. Depending on the core area, the applicants may be required to demonstrate technical competencies on the core of specialization prior to the interview.
- Must be a Kenyan youth between 21 to 35 years of age and unemployed
- Applicants should be willing and ready to be deployed in any government organization (MCDAs) within the 47 counties on full time from 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Only PDTP Digitalent shortlisted candidates shall be contacted to attend the interviews
- Females, persons with disability and graduates from the ASAL regions are encouraged to apply.
Read the instructions carefully
- All applications MUST be completed and submitted online through recruitment.digitalent.go.ke.
- A duly completed application form must be submitted online; no paper-based applications will be accepted.
- Applicant should submit the correct information. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Must attach all required documents (Copy Kenya National ID ,Passport Size Photo ,KCSE certificate ,Degree Certificate ,Receipt/ Certificate of good conduct)
- Should be willing to be deployed in government organization within the 47 counties for 9 months
- Should have demonstrate passion for ICT
It is the applicant’s responsibility to verify the following and NO, the application shall be processed if the following is not attached:
- Graduates from foreign Universities should attach a certification from Kenya National Qualification Authority(KNQA)
- Certificate in other languages, attach English translation from the relevant Embassy
DEGREE GRADE EQUIVALENT:
Those Universities with GPA – Attach GPA equivalent to the Kenya Public University – eg For Second class honors upper-division GPA equivalent
Related Post: Top 10 Public Health Consultants In Kenya
CERTIFICATE NOT COLLECTED:Attach a signed and stamped letter from the University Authorities.
The 2021-22 call for applications targets Presidential Digital Talent Programme (PDTP) Cohort VI intake