Ministry Of Defence Ghana Recruitment | Thinking of applying for the ministry of defence Ghana recruitment in Ghana? Do you wish to join an affordable defence ministry? One of the places in the world you can find such a ministry in Ghana. Ghana is a good country for its low tuition ministries and high quality of education.
In this post, we will be going straight to the point. Let us begin!
About the Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence (MoD) of the government of Ghana, is the governmental department responsible for defending the Republic of Ghana from internal and external military threats and promotion of Ghanaian national defence interests.
The MoD political head is the Defence Minister of Ghana, and its offices are located in Accra, Greater Accra. The ministry improves national security through:
- the effective formulation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of defence policies and programmes that it has developed
- the maintenance of the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) in a high state of preparedness for the national and international assignment
- the active involvement in the promotion of peace and stability in the country and the sub-region.
The ministry exists to proactively promote national defence interests through the effective formulation, coordination, monitoring, and evaluation of policies and programmes and thereby contribute to the national development agenda.
The MOD is aimed at promoting the national defence interest through the maintenance of a well-equipped discipline and motivated army.
To achieve the above aim, they have set itself to achieve the following objections for the Short Term:
- To review and implement the organizational structure/manual for the Ministry.
- To improve co-ordination/internal information flow.
- To ensure the availability of an appropriate human resource to enhance service delivery
- To equip staff with relevant skills to enhance performance.
- To motivate staff for higher output.
- To improve information management in the MOD.
- To enhance the existing monitoring and evaluation system.
- To develop and operationalize proposals for relocation of the Ministry.
- To improve the image of the MOD.
They are responsible for the formulation of policies in relation to the operations of Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) and Veterans Association of Ghana (VAG), Remuneration, provision of logistics and resources to enable GAF and VAG to function efficiently.
MOD is responsible for the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the policies referred to above.
It works in close collaboration with the National Security Council and Armed Forces Council in the formulation of national defence policies and policies relating to peacekeeping.
The Ministry prepares and defends other interests of GAF and VAG before Cabinet and in the case of estimates the Parliament. It provides political leadership, guidance and sound interpretation of government policies.
Right now, applications are invited from in suitably qualified Ghanaians for the 2020/2021 Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) recruitment exercise.
Below is a comprehensive and easy to follow details about Ministry Of Defence Ghana Recruitment, Forms, Recruitment Process, Recruitment Deadline.
Ministry of Defence Ghana Recruitment Eligibility
- The applicant must be a Ghanaian by birth.
- They must be above 18 years and less than 25 or 27 years for tradesmen.
- Must be of desirable character.
- Their fitness level must match with the fitness standards of the Ministry of Defence Ghana
- Must be single, i.e. not married or bonded to any person.
- Male and female applicants must have a height above 5’6” and 5’2” respectively.
- Military police applicants must be 5’9” and 5’7” tall for men and women respectively
- The applicants must have reached Grade 6 and must have scored not less than 6 credits at BECE in English and Math.
- Must have attained 5 credits in WASSCE.
Ministry of Defence Ghana Recruitment Process
Upon online application, candidates who qualify are usually informed through a text message.
The message alerts the candidates to continue with the process.
Stay at alert at this time. Make sure your phone is on.
Here’s the process you must follow:
Presentation of Documents
Upon confirmation that the candidate has qualified, a mass meeting of the candidates and the individuals are held.
They have to present their academic and personal documents to prove that all the information they presented online is true.
Additionally, the officials conduct a physical inspection on each candidate.
For instance, they check the height and general fitness of the individual. Presentation of false documents is highly prohibited and a person found doing so can be sued.
Full Body Inspection
The candidates are then taken through a thorough body inspection.
This helps to ensure that the candidate is in good health and meets the desire figure standards as described by the armed forces.
In this process, the officials ensure that the candidates do not have any tattoos on their bodies, varicose veins or excessive mass on their bodies.
Moreover, ladies are not expected to have a double piercing on their ears.
The intelligence test, also known as the aptitude test, helps to determine the reasoning and thinking capabilities of a candidate.
They are asked questions in an examination set up about how they can handle individual and societal problems.
Outdoor Leadership Test
At this stage, the remaining candidates are organized in teams. They are supposed to expose their prowess in working together to solve the problem.
Their scores are awarded based on their ability to work as a group with similar interests.
To work in the army, one must be of good health. As such, candidates who have reached this stage must be medically screened at 37 Military Hospital.
Each part of their body is checked to ensure that the person meets the fitness standards required by the army.
At this last stage, the candidates meet a panel of military officials who ask them questions regarding various aspects of the army.
The candidate must be bold and be sure of what they are presenting to the panel.
If a person passes all the stages, he is informed to join the Ghana Military Academy. Remember, all these steps come in the order outlined above.
It is recommended that a person should not pay anything to join the army as this will be considered as bribery.
Ministry of Defence Ghana Recruitment Deadline
Are you worried about recruitment forms? You don’t need to because when the announcement for recruitment is made, individuals are asked to buy the forms of application.
They are usually sold at designated places in Ghana. Joining the Defence is a dream for many youths in the country.
As such, people must be always be updated to know when the forms are out for sale and the time it ends. Failure to this, you can miss the opportunity of joining the Defence.
Through the Ministry of Defence Ghana e-recruitment, many youths have been able to join the Defence. At least, people can now access information easily and also apply with ease.
|⇒ I believe this brain teaser guide was helpful right?… If yes, don’t hesitate to share it with us. or Join us on Facebook Page|