This is to inform the general public that, Federal Fire Service Recruitment form is out for 2018, Federal Fire Service Guide, (FFS) Requirement and how to apply online. (Fedfire.gov.ng)
The Federal Fire Service is the nation’s largest fire and rescue service, working 24 hours a day to keep the it safe from fires and responding to emergencies. How to Recognize a Bad Workplace Before You Take the Job. The current structure of the Fire Service in Nigeria is based upon the legislation of the Fire Services Act of 1981. See Tops 5 Questions to Ask Before Applying for a job
The Fire Services in Nigeria are managed at local authority level, with the Department of the Environment and Local Government playing an advisory, legislative and policy-making role. The Fire Services are operated by 37 Fire Authorities, which are managed by State Councils, and Town Councils around the states.How to Apply for Jobs Vacancy Online in Nigeria
They help to reduce the outbreak of fire and related emergencies to a minimum level through Training, Policy and regulation, Public Enlightenment, Research and Capacity Building. Also ensuring the safety of lives, property and environment through adequate preparedness. 8 Tips That Can Boost Your CV As An International Student
The federal fire service recruitment portal is officially open for recruitment application. Interested applicant are entitled to follow the procedure below. The FFS was established in 1901 by the British colonial regime as a unit within the Lagos Police Service Department to prevent and combat fire outbreaks in the Government Reserved Areas of Lagos Colony.
This Unit was formed and incorporated alongside the then Lagos Police and was known as the Lagos Police Fire Brigade. The Police Fire Brigade was thus an apparatus of the British Colonial Government. Its leadership and administration rested squarely on the colonists.
The Lagos Police Fire Brigade became Federal Fire Service by an Act of Parliament in 1963 known as the Fire Service Act of 1963. All the officers and men serving in the Lagos Police Fire Brigade were transferred to the Federal Ministry of Internal Affairs as officers and men of the Federal Fire Service.
The Federal Fire Service is therefore a paramilitary organisation, under the Supervision of the Minister of the Federal Ministry of Interior, with the Controller-General as its Head.
CATEGORY A: SUPERINTENDENT CADRE.
- i) Assistant Superintendent of Fire I (ASF I) [CONPASS 09] – Applicants must possess a Master Degree or Hold the Membership of a recognized professional body
- ii) Assistant Superintendent of Fire II (ASF II) [CONPASS 08] – Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent from a recognized.
CATEGORY B: INSPECTORATE CADRE.
- i). Senior Inspector of Fire (SIF) [CONPASS 08] – Applicants must possess Higher National Diploma or its equivalent from a recognized Polytechnic/Institution.
- ii) Inspector of Fire (IF) Nursing [CONHESS 06] – Applicant must be Registered Nurse (RN), Registered Midwive (RM) or Registered Nurse/Midwive (RN/RM) from recognized institutions.
- iii) Assistant Inspector of Fire (AIF), General Duty, CONPASS 06 – Applicants must possess National Diploma (ND), NCE or Advanced NABTEB obtained from recognized.
CATEGORY C: ASSISTANT CADRE.
- i). Fire Assistant II (FA II) CONPASS 04 – Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or its equivalent with a minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which must include Mathematics and English Language.
- ii) Fire Assistant III (FA III) CONPASS 03 – Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or its equivalent with a minimum of three (3) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which must include at least English or Mathematics.
- Applicants must be Nigerians by birth
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications and certificates. Any certificate or qualification not presented and accepted at the recruitment centre shall not be accepted after the recruitment
- Applicants must be fit and present certificates of medical fitness from government recognized hospitals
- Applicants must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offences;
- Applicants must not be drug addicts or members of any secret society or cult
- Applicants must not be financially embarrassed
- Applicants must be between ages of 18 and 30 years
- Applicants’ heights must not be less than 1.65m for male and 1.60m for female
- Applicants’ chest measurement must not be less than 0.87 for men
- Computer literacy will be of added advantage.
- West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English and at least passes in two (2) other subjects; or
- National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including English Language.)
- ND obtained from a recognized institution.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution; or
- General Certificate of Education (Advance Level) in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.)
- B.Sc./HND obtained from a recognized institution.
- 1). Applications must be online. Candidates are expected to log into the website https://cdfipb.careers/ or www.fedfire.gov.ng, fill and submit the application form online.
- 2). Candidates for the positions on Categories A and Bi (Holders of Degree and HND certificates) are expected to log into the website https://cdfipb.careers/registrations/newfill and submit the application form online.
- 3). Candidates on Categories B ii and C (ND, NCE, NATEB, SSCE, NECO or their equivalents) are to log into http://fedfire.gov.ng/rportal/welcome/auth to fill and submit their applications.
- 4). Candidates are advised to print out the Referee form which must be duly completed for siting during screening and submission during screening and submission during documentation.
- Candidates should NOTE, that Multiple Applications will automatically lead to disqualification.
APPLICATION FEE: Candidates should note application is absolutely free.
CLOSING DATE: All Applications are expected to be completed and submitted within six weeks from the date of this publication. 29th June, 2018 is the deadline.
N/B: To be ascertain if the Federal Fire Service Recruitment 2018 has officially started, reach out to the official Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment website: http://www.fedfire.gov.ng or visit this page frequently for we shall update anytime the Federal Fire Service Recruitment form is out.
RELATED FORCES RECRUITMENT:
- How to Apply for Nigeria Navy Recruitment
- How to Apply for Nigerian Army Recruitment
- How to Apply for Nigerian Immigration Recruitment
- How to Apply for Nigerian Police Recruitment
- How to Apply for Nigerian Air force Recruitment
- How to Apply for Nigeria Security Civil Defence Recruitment
- How to Apply for Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment
- How to Apply for Federal Road Safety Requirement
- Multiple application will not be entertained. Candidates are to apply for one job position. Candidate who attempt to apply multiple times will have their application will be disqualified
- No fee is required for online application, test or interview
N/B: Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s).
Meanwhile, do not forget Hot School News will be there for you all through the journey. So ensure you visit regularly for updates regarding the 2018/2019 Recruitment exercise. and Remember to Keep the Love God Alive in your Heart
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us on Facebook Page