JAMB CAPS ! How to accept/reject admission offer on the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal. See more detail here
Once a candidate has been offered admission, such candidate is required to do either of two things; to accept the admission or to reject it.
Once you accept the admission, your admission quest is over as you will no longer be available for other schools’ admission consideration. On the other hand, if you reject the admission, you become available to other schools who have free admission slots for admission consideration.
- JAMB Cut Off Mark
- JAMB Result Upload
- JAMB Score so Far
- JAMB Result Upgrade
- JAMB Change of Course/Institution
- School that Accept 2 Sittings
- Schools with 180 Cut Off Mark
- Schools with 140/150 Cut Off Mark
- How To Calculate CGPA
It is important to note also that candidates who have been offered admission on JAMB CAPS are to equally print their admission letter after accepting the admission, as they will likely need this during clearance and registration in the school that they have been admitted.
We therefore advise candidates to closely monitor their admission status on JAMB CAPS so as to do the needful as soon as possible.
Some schools may not even publish list of admitted candidates on their own portal or notice board. So for candidates that applied for admission in such schools, the only way to know when they have been offered admission is to check their admission status on JAMB CAPS.
HOW TO ACCEPT/REJECT ADMISSION OFFER ON JAMB CAPS.
- Visit: http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/ and login with your registered email address and password to access your dashboard
- After you have log in you will see a welcome notice just move down on the page you will see “check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS”. Click on it and you will be redirected to the caps page
- After clicking on “check 2020 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS”, you will see a page showing your JAMB details and your admission status, If you have been given admisison, you can now go ahead to accept it or reject it.
Note: If you are using a phone, you may not see the option to check is Admission Status on CAPS, Most phone users may only see the welcome message. The caps page shows only welcome because it requires you to use desktop mode to view the complete page. This is why the chrome browser is recommended if you are a using a phone. All you need to do is go to Chrome option and choose request desktop site for the complete page to display.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT JAMB CAPS.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is geared towards ensuring quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process.
CAPS is expected to make provision for a ‘market place’ in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and ‘request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.’
The system is such that institutions can only admit those who meet their cut off points. If a candidate fails to meet the cut off mark, that student would certainly be denied admission irrespective of the candidate’s connection.