JAMB Change of Institution | This is to inform all the candidates who made mistakes while filling their forms during the 2023/2024 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) UTME Registration that they can now make corrections for the following categories:
JAMB Change of Institution Form 2023 Via JAMB Portal – http://www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
All candidates who took part in the 2023 UTME and have one or more reasons to change are hereby notified. Below are the details to use in order to apply for the 2023 JAMB Change of Course and/or Institution.
JAMB: Candidates are advised not to apply for change of institution and change of course to institutions that have already done their Post UTME. Is jamb change of institution still on
Please note that you can only do JAMB Change of Course/Institution after results of UTME have been released for checking.
and JAMB change of course and institution can only be done once and candidates can only change to a course relative to their selected UTME Subject combination. can check 2023 online JAMB brochure
- Names Correction: This allows candidates to apply for the correction of names where there are spelling errors or error in the arrangement, e.g. Surname, Firstname or Lastname (Correction can only be done once).
- Date of Birth Correction (Correction can only be done once).
- Passport Photograph Correction (Correction can only be done once).
- Gender Correction: Supporting documents may be required. (Correction can only be done once).
- State/LGA Correction: Supporting documents may be required. (Correction can only be done once).
- Profile Correction (Correction can only be done once).
- Choice of Institution/Course Correction: This allows candidates to apply for a change of course or Institution (Correction can only be done three times with separate payments).
- JAMB CBT Result
- JAMB Cut Off Mark
- JAMB Result Upload
- JAMB Score so Far
- JAMB Result Upgrade
- School that Accept 2 Sittings
- Schools with 180 Cut Off Mark
- Schools with 160/170 Cut-off Mark
- Schools with 140/150 Cut Off Mark
- How To Calculate CGPA
NB: Changes for Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin, etc., cost N2,500 (two thousand five hundred naira only).
JAMB Change of Course & Institution / Data Correction Procedure
Follow the procedure outlined below to effect any of the changes above:
- Go to JAMB portal at http://www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Click on ‘Registration (2023 only)’ from the list of services on the left side.
- From the drop-down, select ‘2023 UTME Data Correction‘ / ‘2023 DE Data Correction‘ as your case may be.
- Then proceed with payment.
After payment, visit the closest JAMB office, or a JAMB accredited centre to complete the correction process.
JAMB Change of Course & Institution / Data Correction Procedure for 2023 Downward
For 2020 and years below, follow the procedure outlined below to change your data on JAMB portal.
- Visit JAMB E-facility portal at http://www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Click on ‘Application for Correction of Data (2023 Downward)’ from the list of services on the left side.
- From the drop-down, select the one you wish to correct, i.e. Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin.
Note that you may have to visit the JAMB State Office to effect some corrections.
JAMB Correction of Data Procedure for Candidates who have lost their SIM cards
This advisory must be carefully read and implemented alongside the decisions taken during a zoom meeting held on
July 16, 2020, with CBT centres, JAMB State Coordinators and Partners on the introduction of the use of OTP in place of biometrics verification.
The Board introduced the use of OTP (One Time Password) which is sent to a candidate’s registered phone number in place of biometrics verification to prevent the spread of the Covid-19. The OTP must be presented before the correction of data can be carried out on the candidate’s UTME/DE registration. http://www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
Some candidates claim they no longer have access to the same SIM which they registered with for the UTME/DE.
The following is the process of how such a candidate can be allowed to effect the correction of data on his/her UTME/DE registration. http://www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
- The candidate must approach any of the JAMB Offices in person (not by proxy) as this service can only be carried out in JAMB Offices/Professional Test Centres (PTCs) Nationwide;
- At the JAMB Office, the candidate should supply any of registration number, email and GSM number which the candidate used to register for the UTME or DE;c. The JAMB Official attending to the candidate directs the system to RESEND the OTP through email;
- The candidate goes and prints a copy of the email which contain the OTP;
- The candidate affixes a copy of his/her passport photograph to the printed email and presents it to the JAMB Official;
- The JAMB Official, after confirming that the same person whose picture is affixed on the printed email is the same person whose picture is displayed on the screen proceeds to complete the correction of data.
- A copy of the printed email with the candidate’s affixed passport must be retained at the JAMB Office for any candidate whose correction of data was carried out with OTP sent through email.
- All subsisting COVID-19 protocols must be fully observed.
NOTE: ON NO ACCOUNT SHOULD CORRECTION OF DATA BE DONE BY PROXY.