Connect with us

Current News

Universities That Accepts 160 Cut-Off Mark 2019

Published

on

Full List Of Universities That Accepts 160 Cut -Off Marksome universities that accepts 160 jamb cut off mark for this year’s 2018 admission. Although the official cut off mark is 180 for universities, many schools have different cut off marks.

The major problem faced by 2019/2020 JAMB candidates now is low scores. Because of this, their chances that many of then will fail to get admissions into their school of choice since many schools accept 180 as their cut off mark.

See also: JAMB Post-UTME Cut off Marks for 2019/20 | all Nigerian Schools

For this reason, we have compiled the list of top schools that accept from 160 JAMB cut off marks {although 150 can also be accepted depending on your O’LEVEL grades} even when you did not choose them in JAMB CBT.
In these schools, you can apply and write their post UTME examination he you have atleast 160 {150 may be considered} aggregate scores in JAMB CBT. Also you are eligible to seat for their UTME examination even if you did not choose them as your institution during JAMB registration.

All you need to do is to watch out when their post UTME form will be release and apply immediately , follow up and seat for their post UTME examination. If you perform well, you will get admission. By so doing, you don’t wast another year writting JAMB.

These are the universities that accepts 160 jamb cut off mark .

1. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH)
  2. Federal University Gusau, (FUGUS)
  3. Federal University Dutse, (FUDutse)
  4. Ekiti State University (EKSU)
  5. Kebbi State University, Kebbi (KSUSTA)
  6. Enugu State University of Science and Technology Enugu (ESUT) 170
  7. Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
  8. Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu
  9. Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD)
  10. Gregory University, Uturu
  11. University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
  12. Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University, Katsina (UMYU)
  13. Gombe State Univeristy , Gombe (GSU)
  14. Lagos State University (LASU)
  15. Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU)
  16. Osun State University (UNIOSUN) for First choice
  17. Federal University Otuoke (FUOTUOKE)
  18. Plateau State University Bokkos (PLASU)
  19. Ignatius Aturu University Of Education (IAUE)
  20. Abia State University, Uturu (ABSU)
  21. Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU)
  22. Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma (AAU)
  23. Northwest University, Kano (NWU)
  24. Northwest University, Kano (NWU)
  25. Kogi State University  Anyigba, (KSU) 170
  26. Kaduna State University kaduna (KASU) 170

The ball is now in your court, play it wisely, goodluck!

In this case, We will continue to update this page once we find any other universities that accepts 160 jamb cut off mark for this year’s admission.

Read the following resources :

1. List of Schools Whose Post UTME Admission Form Are Out 2018/2019
  2. 5 Reasons Why You Should Get Post UTME Past Questions and answers
  3. How to Prepare for Post UTME Exams
  4. How to Score above 300 in your Post UTME Examination
  5. Ways to Boost Your Confidence before Post UTME Exams
  6. 3 Ways  to Overcome Post UTM Exam Tension and Fear
  7. Recommended List of Books and Materials to Read for Your Post UTME Exam
  8. How to Score High in Post UTME

Also, I will advice you to bookmark to this page or subscribe to our update so that you will be notified once we update this page.check: Universities that Accept 120 Cut-Off Mark in Nigerian

Click here for List of Nigerian Institutions and Their History  List of Institution and Courses Offered in Nigeria

Check List of Schools Whose Post UTME Form Are Out  & Departmental Cut-off Marks In various Institution We Appreciate your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about 160 Cut-Off Mark, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. See Universities that Released Postgraduate Forms  & Accredited Undergraduate courses

See: Current List of Institutions With Their School Fees  & Accredited School in Nigeria 2019 By (NUC)

See: JAMB Post-UTME Cut off Marks. Meanwhile, do not forget Hot School News will be there for you all through the journey. So ensure you visit regularly for updates regarding the Admission exercise. Check How To Gain Admission Into Nigerian Institution &  List of School to Get Post UTME Past Questions and Solution

Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us on Facebook Page

Continue Reading
74 Comments

74 Comments

1. KEHINDE

March 14, 2018 at 11:02 pm

Comment Text* PLS CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE UNIVERSITY THAT ACCEPT 165 AND ALSO THIS IS MY NUMBER 08085526884

2. paul mercy

March 17, 2018 at 8:16 pm

fast university with 160 as cutoff

3. harrison david

March 22, 2018 at 9:12 pm

pls can fugashua acept 160

March 25, 2018 at 6:01 am

harrison david…. yes but u need to seed well for post UTME

4. John Samuel

March 26, 2018 at 4:24 pm

Can yaba accept 174

5. Ibrahim hauwa

March 26, 2018 at 7:48 pm

Pls did northwest university accept 160 as cut off mark?

6. Ibrahim hauwa

March 26, 2018 at 7:49 pm

Pls did northwest university accept 164 as cut off mark?

7. praise olamitundun

March 27, 2018 at 8:30 am

will lautech accept 177 for nursing

8. Esther Michael

March 27, 2018 at 11:43 am

Can I study mass communication in aksu with 167

9. jessie

March 27, 2018 at 9:39 pm

will absu accept 168 for nursing?

10. Saturday

March 28, 2018 at 11:09 am

Which Nigeria university accept 174 as cut off mark for jamb?

April 3, 2018 at 11:18 am

Saturday Pleas go School to that accepts 180 cut off mark… all what u need is there thanks

11. Darasimi

March 28, 2018 at 3:27 pm

Pls Mr Godwin ,I Google search about Lasu and Lautech and it was pasted on their timeline that their utme cutoff mark is 180…pls sir is there any other university you sure of that accept 168pls

March 29, 2018 at 5:59 am

Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU)
      Mr.Darasimi thank you for your Question… am I very Sure of These Ones

Federal University Otuoke (FUOTUOKE)
      Plateau State University Bokkos (PLASU)
      Ignatius Aturu University Of Education (IAUE)
      Abia State University, Uturu (ABSU)
      Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU)
      Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma (AAU)

12. ayomide

March 31, 2018 at 1:00 am

179 was my score
    My first choice was unilag
    Second was lasu
    My course GEOLOGY
    Please can it work out for me

April 3, 2018 at 11:13 am

ayomide Yes but If Not I will advice you to do change of course institution

13. grace

March 31, 2018 at 9:53 pm

Comment Text*pls sir l scored 168 in jamb and l put oou as my first choice and l just checked that their cut off mark is 180

April 3, 2018 at 11:04 am

grace…..I will advice you to do change of course

14. praise olamitundun

April 2, 2018 at 12:55 pm

but hw cn we apply for thier post-utme wit 177 in 2018 jamb, secondly OOU is nt one of my choices during the registration, pls help me dis my number 09035581398

15. unyime peter

April 2, 2018 at 2:19 pm

Comment Text*pls sir is there any way UNIUYO can accept 175

April 2, 2018 at 5:43 pm

unyime peter. No.ooo you can go to Akwa ibom state university which is 160

16. Christian

April 3, 2018 at 10:33 am

Plz, can I get admission to futo with 169?

April 3, 2018 at 10:57 am

Christian Yes but u need to prepare for UTME Exams

17. treasure ben

April 3, 2018 at 7:59 pm

which university accept 160 as their cut off mark for engineering??
    pls urgent reply………thanks

April 4, 2018 at 7:04 am

treasure ben pleas go Departmental cut off marks all what u need is there… thanks

18. Elijah

April 3, 2018 at 8:58 pm

I scored 160 in Jamb as cut of mark and my first choice was unical
    Can it still work for me

April 4, 2018 at 6:56 am

Elijah. Under probability but i will advise u to go to change of course and institution

19. omarami

April 4, 2018 at 11:00 am

I got 196 for my utme is possible to get admission in unimaid for pharmacy?

April 4, 2018 at 1:36 pm

omarami…yes but u need to prepare well for UTME exams.. thanks

20. omarami

April 4, 2018 at 11:07 am

I got 196 for my utme is possible to get admission in unimaid for pharmacy?

April 4, 2018 at 1:44 pm

omarami yes but u need to try very well for UTME Exams…or u do change of course institution

21. Abdulwaheed Shukurah

April 4, 2018 at 12:17 pm

Comment Text* Sir my first choice is FUTminna & second choice is Oye Ekiti to study microbiology which university wil accept 172

April 4, 2018 at 1:53 pm

Abdulwaheed Shukurah yes but Must try well for UTME exams or u go for course change of institution.. Thanks

22. Omo

April 5, 2018 at 8:37 pm

Thanks admin for this information

23. Amaka

April 6, 2018 at 4:15 pm

Please I got 160 and I choose aaua, can it work for me?

April 7, 2018 at 11:11 am

Amaka Under probability that is why I advice so many people to prepare very very well for UTME Exams or
      change of course and Institution

24. Obiora Ekpereamaka Faith

April 6, 2018 at 6:46 pm

Please sir I got 177 for my jamb score, and my first choice is fcetasaba can I gain admission to study education

April 7, 2018 at 11:09 am

Obiora Ekpereamaka Faith yes prepare very very well for UTME Exams

25. Samuel

April 11, 2018 at 4:00 pm

I Score 179 In My Jamb Wil Fuoye Or Ado Ekiti Uni Consider Me

26. foma

April 12, 2018 at 12:16 pm

I got 164 and I am aspiring for banking and finance in AAU can I be admitted?

27. Abasiama

April 14, 2018 at 9:59 pm

plz i score 175 but i dnt knw the uni that aprove atleast 170 for their cut off mark in south south,either state or federal, plz i want to knw if any.my phone number is 07062099447

April 15, 2018 at 9:09 am

Abasiama All hop is not lost go to Akwa Ibom State university which is 160 is their Cut off mark….but if u did not chose there I will Advise u to do change of Institution….the Guide is here and also make sure u prepare well for UTME Exams Ok!

28. best obinna

April 19, 2018 at 11:30 am

hello sir i got 168 in jamb and poly nass was my 3rd choice will i be admitted
    and again please what is the subject combo for mass comm. mine is ENG, LIT, CRK, & GOVT.
    Hope am good to go.

April 19, 2018 at 2:42 pm

best obinna yes u will be admitted some poly is 150
      then go to search in this web and search for (JAMB UTME Subject Combinations Guide 2018) it will come out..then u read the guide Ok

• best obinna

April 23, 2018 at 11:22 am

thank you sir.

29. Zaks paul modi

April 21, 2018 at 9:40 am

Comment Text*I got 168 in my jamb plz sir is there any unversity that aceept 160 in the north-east plz

April 21, 2018 at 10:47 am

Zaks paul modi which university did u apply for????

30. Adelowo raimot

April 21, 2018 at 10:50 pm

I scored 178 in jamb which university can accept me

31. chinoso owuamanam

April 22, 2018 at 10:40 pm

Comment Text*please what institution can I apply to with 169 jamb score please tell me

April 23, 2018 at 7:05 am

chinoso owuamanam Akawa ibom state university is 160

32. chinoso owuamanam

April 22, 2018 at 10:42 pm

Comment Text*please sir I need a specific answer because am curious

33. Andi

May 15, 2018 at 7:50 pm

i score 174 will i be admitted in to taraba state university?

May 15, 2018 at 9:07 pm

Andi… U may not just visit TSU UTME/ Departmental Cut off Marks all what u need is there
      Read this step-by-step guide on how to change your Course/Institution here…

34. Omale joy

June 1, 2018 at 12:19 pm

Please sir, do federal university of nassarawa accept lower credit for direct Entry candidate, cos my CGPA is 3.40 and am a diploma student

June 1, 2018 at 12:29 pm

Omale joy Very well…Just apply u will be admitted Ok!

35. Hammed

June 5, 2018 at 2:49 pm

I scored 167 in jamb can I get admission into eksu or funab

June 5, 2018 at 4:06 pm

Hammed Yes but need to prepare for Post UTME Exams

36. Eric Oliver

July 4, 2018 at 11:01 pm

I score 170 then which of the university can admits me? Sir.

37. faga

July 6, 2018 at 1:05 pm

i score 176 can i get adimission at federal university lafia in public adimin department

July 7, 2018 at 7:33 am

faga yes… also buy past question and answer form us

38. Ridwan

July 7, 2018 at 5:38 am

Sir please have been checking on various sites and have been seen various answers, what the real cut of mark for AAU

39. Ose

July 7, 2018 at 7:51 pm

AAU Cut off mark not 175 again? I score 172 I apply for uniben b4 I change it to AAU first choice but I heard people saying is 175 I really loose hope I don’t know if I can still do change of institute am really confused need it advice bro

40. joshua olayemi

July 8, 2018 at 11:38 am

can one gain admition into UNN with 165 in education and agricultural science

41. Adama Dorcas Grace

July 12, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Please Sir can I gain admission to kogi State university with jamb scored 160 to study lib Nd information or agriculture and educational course

July 12, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Adama Dorcas Grace..yes but you need to prepare well for Post UTME by getting past Question and answers from Us
      you can contact us on 07085595761

42. Damilola

October 21, 2018 at 2:48 am

Pls sir,i scored 166 in my jamb can I gain admission to uniosun

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Current News

US Virgin Islands Visa and Passport Application Form

Published

on

US Virgin Islands Passport Visa Requirement

In this page you will find information about the type of visa and visa application requirements for travel to US Virgin Islands. & Health, Public Holidays, Money & duty free It is important to check the visa types and make sure you are applying for the correct visa.

US Virgin Islands Passport Visa

About US Virgin Islands Country

See: Visa Lottery Application Form Guide  & 45 Countries that Don’t Require a Visa for Nigerians

The result of the US Virgin Islands’ history and location is a unique blend of Danish heritage and American modernity. Add to that a dose of the relaxed and friendly attitude typical of the Caribbean, and you’ve pretty much got the measure of this territory. With miles of glistening beaches, first-class diving facilities and verdant tropical vegetation, there is more than enough to seduce even the pickiest of visitors.

Don’t let the name fool you too much. It’s true that Americans favour the islands as a beautiful haven from the mainland – it’s not called ‘America’s Paradise’ for nothing – and those from the US don’t even need a passport to visit. But this isn’t just an American playground.

The Danes’ legacy is evident in Christiansted, on the largest island, St Croix, where historic sites include Fort Christiansværn (dating from 1774) and the Old Custom House. St Thomas too retains much of its Danish influence; in the capital, Charlotte Amalie, converted warehouses now house stylish boutiques.

Apart from exploring the interesting history of these islands, which are situated in the Caribbean Sea (not far from the equally imaginatively named British Virgin Islands), there’s terrific seafood to be sampled here, as well as water sports, and of course spectacular beaches. The nightlife is buzzing, with countless bars – beach bars, wine bars, lounge bars – as well as one enormous casino. For a little in the way of high culture, head to the Reichhold Center for the Arts.

Those seeking unspoilt natural beauty should head to St John. With no airport, and two-thirds of the island’s deep valleys set aside as a national park, this is an ideal retreat.

An easy, unchallenging destination, the US Virgin Islands may not be the most culturally compelling choice, but the territory promises good fun, relaxing times and a sun-kissed reprieve from the rat race.

Pleas Note: Our visa and passport information is updated regularly and is correct at the time of publishing, We strongly recommend that you verify critical information unique to your trip with the relevant embassy before travel. See also: List of countries with Visa Application form

US Virgin Islands Visa and Passport Requirements

Passport required Return ticket required Visa Required

Passports

Visas

Embassies and tourist offices

Embassy of the United States of America in the UK

24 Grosvenor Square, London W1A 1AE, UK. Visa Branch: 55/56 Upper Brook Street, London W1A 2LQ. Telephone: (020) 7499 9000 or 0904 245 0100. Website: http://www.usembassy.org.uk Opening times: Mon-Fri 0830-1730 (Only applicants with visa appointments admitted). Consulates in: Belfast and Edinburgh.

Telephone:
Website:
Address: , , , ,
Opening times:

SeeNigerian International Passport Application Guide & Nigerian Passport Current Price

US Virgin Islands Health Care and Vaccinations

Title Special precautions
Yellow Fever No
Typhoid No
Tetanus Yes
Rabies No
Malaria No
Hepatitis A Yes
Diphtheria Sometimes

Health Care

Medical costs are very high and health insurance is essential. Medical facilities are of a similar standard to those in the USA. There are hospitals on St Croix and St Thomas; a clinic is located on St John.

Food and Drink

Water precautions are advised outside the main centres. Mains water is considered safe to drink. Milk is pasteurised and dairy products are safe for consumption. Local meat, poultry, seafood, fruit and vegetables are generally considered safe to eat.

Other Risks

Vaccinations against tuberculosis and hepatitis B are sometimes advised.

US Virgin Islands Public Holidays

22 November

Christmas Day

25 December

Money and duty free for US Virgin Islands

Currency and Money

US Virgin Islands duty free

SeeHow To Secure Post Graduate Admissions Abroad. We Appreciate your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Visa Application Form, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. See SEE: How to Study Online University in Nigeria

See also: List of Schools Whose Post UTME Form Are Out

Check Current List of Online Courses in Nigeria Meanwhile, do not forget Hot School News will be there for you all through the journey. So ensure you visit regularly for updates regarding the Visa Lottery Application.

Continue Reading

Current News

Turks and Caicos Islands Visa and Passport Application Form

Published

on

In this page you will find information about the type of visa and visa application requirements for travel to Turks and Caicos Islands. & Health, Public Holidays, Money & duty free It is important to check the visa types and make sure you are applying for the correct visa. Turks and Caicos Islands Passport Visa See How to Study Abroad From Nigeria

Turks and Caicos Islands Passport Visa

About Turks and Caicos Islands Country

Blessed with an abundance of natural riches – white powdery beaches, pellucid waters and some of the best reefs in the Caribbean – the Turks and Caicos Islands have a reputation for exclusivity. That may not be entirely fair, but this 40-island archipelago is certainly skewered towards the well heeled, with its credit card-melting hotels and private island resorts, where the rich and famous go to escape the hoi polloi.

If your bank balance can’t stand the heat, there are affordable options to be found on the likes of Grand Turk, the largest island, where visitors can take in the delights of Governor’s Beach or head offshore to bathe on Little Sand Cay, a tiny island comprised of white sand and a handful of swaying palms.

A visit to Salt Cay off Grand Turk offers a rare opportunity to view migrating humpback whales. Come on a full moon and you could also be treated to a natural light show courtesy of the bioluminescent glowworms, which inhabit the local waters. Swimming with stingrays off Gibbs Cay and kayaking through nearby salt marshes are just some of the other diversions.

It’s not all about the coast, though. There are numerous parks, reserves and historic attractions inland, such as Cheshire Hall, a crumbling colonial plantation where guides regale visitors with historical anecdotes about the islands.

Those seeking culture should head to Grand Turk, where you will find the archipelago’s capital, Cockburn Town, which is home to exquisite colonial era buildings, a smattering of museums and a handful of restaurants. A sophisticated, more upbeat vibe prevails on the island of Providenciales, which boasts lively beach bars, some excellent restaurants and the venerable Provo Golf & Country Club, one of the Caribbean’s finest. Those who fancy escaping the crowds can hop on a ferry to nearby North Caicos, an island of few people and many flamingoes.

Turks and Caicos Islands Visa and Passport Requirements

Passport required Return ticket required Visa Required
Other EU Yes Yes No
USA Yes Yes No
Canadian Yes Yes No
Australian Yes Yes No
British Yes Yes No

Passports

To enter the Turks and Caicos, a passport valid for the duration of stay is required by all nationals referred to in the chart above.

Visas

Visas are not required by all nationals referred to in the chart above for stays in the Turks and Caicos of up to 90 days, although this decision rests with the immigration officer.

Nationals not referred to in the chart are advised to contact the Home Office in the UK or their local British Embassy to check visa requirements for the Turks and Caicos.

Visa Note

You must hold an onward ticket.

Types and Cost

Single visitor’s visa: US$150.

British embassies charge £115 for receiving, handling and forwarding visa applications for British Overseas Territories.

Application to

British Consulate (or consular section at embassy) or High Commission.

Working days

Allow three weeks to a month if applying for a visa.

Entry with pets

If bringing a pet to the Turks and Caicos, you animal must have a health certificate issued by the veterinary authority of the country of origin stating the animal has been identified with a microchip or tattoo, shows no signs of disease, and has up-to-date vaccinations.

Embassies and tourist offices

Diplomatic Representation

The Turks and Caicos Islands are a British Overseas Territory and are formally represented abroad by British diplomatic missions.

Telephone:
Website:
Address: , , , ,
Opening times:

Governor’s Office

Telephone: (649) 946 2308/2909.
Website: https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/the-governors-office-turk-and-caicos-islands
Address: Waterloo, Governor’s House, Grand Turk, ,
Opening times:Mon-Fri: 0800-1630

Turks and Caicos Islands Health Care and Vaccinations

Title Special precautions
Yellow Fever No
Typhoid Sometimes
Tetanus Yes
Rabies No
Malaria No
Hepatitis A Yes
Diphtheria Yes

Health Care

There is a limited reciprocal health agreement with the UK. On presentation of proof of residence in the UK (NHS card, driving licence, etc), those under 16 or over 65 receive all medical and dental treatment free of charge. Other UK residents are entitled to free treatment as follows: on Grand Turk, dental treatment, prescribed medicines and ambulance travel; on the outer islands, medical treatment at government clinics and prescribed medicines. There are community clinics on all islands, and a small hospital on Grand Turk, as well as a number of private practitioners, and also an emergency care facility, but for serious emergencies patients are taken to the USA. Comprehensive insurance is strongly advised for all nationals.

Food and Drink

All water should be regarded as being potentially contaminated. Water used for drinking, brushing teeth or making ice should have first been boiled or otherwise sterilised. Powdered or tinned milk is available and is advised. Only eat well-cooked meat and fish, preferably served hot. Vegetables should be cooked and fruit peeled.

Other Risks

Vaccination against hepatitis B is sometimes advised. Occasional cases of dengue fever have been reported.

Turks and Caicos Islands Public Holidays

25 December

Boxing Day

26 December

Money and duty free for Turks and Caicos Islands

Currency and Money

Currency information

US Dollar (USD; symbol US$) = 100 cents. Notes are in denominations of US$100, 50, 20, 10, 5, 2 and 1. Coins are in denominations of $1 and 50, 25, 10, 5 and 1 cents.

Credit cards

MasterCard and Visa are widely accepted.

Travellers cheques

Accepted by most hotels, shops, restaurants, banks and taxi services.

Banking hours

Mon-Fri 0830-1630.

Currency restrictions

There are no restrictions on the import or export of local or foreign currency.

Turks and Caicos Islands duty free

Overview

The following items may be imported into the Turks and Caicos Islands without incurring customs duty:

• 200 cigarettes or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars or 220g tobacco.
• 1.136L of alcohol.
• Gifts to the value of US$200 (US$400 for residents).

Banned Imports

Narcotics, weapons and pornography.

Banned Exports

It is a criminal offence to take shells or coral from any national park, which includes much of the coastline. It is illegal to take any coral out of the country.

Until 2013, visitors had to obtain a permit from the Department of Environmental and Maritime Affairs to export conch shells. However, in conch season (mid-October to mid-July), tourists can now export up to three queen conch shells without a permit. If you wish to export more than three shells, you need to obtain a CITES permit. During closed season (mid-July to mid-October), exporting conch shells is prohibited, but the legislation is currently being revised meaning visitors will soon be able to export conch shells year-round.

See also: List of Schools Whose Post UTME Form Are Out

Continue Reading

Current News

Alderney Visa and Passport Application Form

Published

on

Alderney Passport Visa Requirement

Get information about the type of visa and visa application requirements for travel to Alderney. & Health, Public Holidays, Money & duty free It is important to check the visa types and make sure you are applying for the correct visa.

Alderney Passport Visa

About Alderney Country

Renowned for its wildflowers and quaint town of St. Anne, Alderney draws in city folk from France and England who are in search of some peace and quiet. Alderney’s true appeal, however, extends beyond the picturesque flora and fauna. The island proudly has more than 30 social, sporting and cultural events a year and is a favoured destination for food lovers.

Visitors will enjoy the best of both town life and the countryside. Walking routes cover rugged cliffs, while there are also sandy beaches and serene terrain. Wild flowers are a highlight for nature lovers, as are the sweeping green countryside and plentiful bird species. Meanwhile, St Anne’s central church and picturesque streets offer a chance to see a storybook town in real life.

Golfing and fishing are popular activities with visitors, as is cycling, hiking and sailing. But if you’re in the mood to take it easy, Alderney is a lovely spot to simply lap up the fresh air and stunning views.

Then there’s the history. Alderney has some 5,000 years of it, seen in the dolmens and megaliths that still remain, as well as constructions dating back to the island’s Norman takeover, which predated the Norman Conquest of Britain by more than a century.

Accommodation ranges from converted stately homes, quaint guesthouses, or one of two stunning battlements, Fort Corblets and Fort Clonque. Camping is also popular, especially at the campsite on Saye Beach near windswept sand dunes.

The third largest of the Channel Islands, Alderney is less than 6km long (3.5 miles), meaning you can get to grips with most of the island in a couple of days. Compared to the British mainland, the weather is generally pleasant, so you can spend the rest of your visit taking it easy, while trying the exceptional seafood in many traditional pubs and restaurants.

Alderney Visa and Passport Requirements

Passport required Return ticket required Visa Required
Australian Yes No No
Other EU 1 No No
USA Yes No No
Canadian Yes No No
British N/A N/A N/A

Passports

To enter the United Kingdom, a passport valid for the duration of stay is required by all nationals referred to in the chart above, except (1) EU nationals holding a valid national ID card.

EU nationals are only required to produce evidence of their EU nationality and identity in order to be admitted to any EU member state. This evidence can take the form of a valid national passport or national identity card. Either is acceptable. Possession of a return ticket, any length of validity on their document, or sufficient funds for the length of their proposed visit should not be imposed.

A passport is not required for travel between Great Britain and Ireland (an official form of identification, such as a driver’s licence, is required), Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.

Passengers transiting the UK destined for the Republic of Ireland are advised to hold return tickets to avoid delay and interrogation.

Visas

In addition to EU citizens who can travel freely into the United Kingdom, nationals from 56 countries can also enter the United Kingdom for stays of up to six months without a visa for tourism purposes. The countries include Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominica, East Timor, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kiribati, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Micronesia, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Seychelles, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Taiwan, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, United States of America, Uruguay, Vanuatu and Vatican City.

Nationals of Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and United Arab Emirates can obtain an electronic visa waiver (EVW) online.

Before travelling to the United Kingdom, it is best to check the entry requirements at www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

Visa Note

Nationals not requiring visas are advised to be in possession of either a return ticket or, if arriving on a one-way ticket, proof of sufficient funds to accommodate and support themselves for the duration of stay.

Nationals not referred to in the chart are advised to contact the embassy/high commission to check visa requirements for the United Kingdom.

Types and Cost

Standard Visitor visa: £89; long-term visit visa: £337 (two years); £612 (five years); £767 (10 years).

Validity

Standard Visitor visa: six months; long-term visit visa: two, five or 10 years, with a maximum stay of six months per visit.

Transit

Some nationals (but not those listed above) require a transit visa. The Direct Airside Transit visa costs £34 and allows you to change flights in the UK, but you must not pass through immigration control and must leave within 24 hours. The Visitor in Transit visa costs £62 and allows you to go through border control, but you must leave the UK within 48 hours. For both visas, you must prove you are in transit to another country. Long-term transit visas are available to frequent travellers.

Application to

Consulate (or consular section at embassy/high commission). In some countries, you can apply online. See the UK government website for details (www.gov.uk/visas-immigration).

Schengen Visas

The United Kingdom is not part of the Schengen area.

Working days

The length of time taken to process visa applications depends on the nationality of the applicant and the country where you’re applying.

Sufficient Funds

If you do require a visa to visit the United Kingdom, you may be asked to provide information about your finances.

Extension of stay

If you are initially given permission to enter for three months, you may apply to UK Visas and Immigration to extend your stay to six months from your original date of entry. The fee to extend your visa is £993 is you apply by post (decision made in eight weeks) or £1,583 if you apply in person (decision usually made on the same day).

The maximum total time you can stay in the United Kingdom is six months.

Entry with pets

If bringing a pet from another EU or ‘listed’ country, your animal must have a microchip, pet passport or official third country veterinary certificate, rabies vaccination administered at least 21 days before travel, and tapeworm treatment (dogs only).

If bringing a pet from an unlisted country, your animal must have a microchip, official third country veterinary certificate, rabies vaccination, blood test taken at least 30 days after the rabies vaccination and at least three months before travel, and tapeworm treatment (dogs only).

For full details, see www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad.

Embassies and tourist offices

UK Visas

Telephone: (020) 7008 8438.
Website: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration
Address: King Charles Street, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, London, SW1A 2AH,
Opening times:Mon-Fri 0930-1330.

British Embassy in the USA

Telephone: (202) 588 7800.
Website: http://www.ukinusa.fco.gov.uk
Address: NW, 3100 Massachusetts Avenue, Washington, 20008,
Opening times:By appointment only.

United Kingdom Health Care and Vaccinations

Title Special precautions
Yellow Fever No
Typhoid No
Tetanus Yes
Rabies No
Malaria No
Hepatitis A No
Diphtheria Yes

Health Care

If suddenly taken ill or involved in an accident during a visit to an EEA country or Switzerland, free or reduced-cost necessary treatment is available for European travellers – in most cases on production of a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Travellers from other countries should find out if they are covered by other reciprocal arrangements. Australia, for example, has such an agreement as long as long as citizens carry their Medicare card. Comprehensive insurance is advised for all other nationals.

The National Health Service (NHS) provides free medical treatment (at hospitals and general surgeries) to all who are ordinarily resident in the UK, but requires payment for dental treatment, prescriptions and spectacles. Immediate first aid/emergency treatment is free for all visitors, after which charges are made unless the visitor’s country has a reciprocal health agreement with the UK. Full details of individual agreements are available from the Department of Health (www.dh.gov.uk).

Food and Drink

Food within the UK is generally safe to eat, with health and safety standards monitored by various government agencies. Tap water is considered safe to drink but bottled water is widely available. If you’re camping, always boil, filter or purify water from streams.

Other Risks

The UK is not a risky destination but travellers should still take appropriate precautions. Summer temperatures in England rarely reach above 30°C (86°F), but on hot days there is still risk of sunstroke and it’s advisable to wear sunscreen, as well as appropriate clothing. The same goes for winters, during which weather can be very changeable. Waterproofs (or at least a strong umbrella) are mandatory at any time of year. Those hiking in the mountains should come prepared, with appropriate gear and maps if needed but the biggest danger comes from those who disregard warning signs or poor weather.

If you’re planning to walk in wooded or heath areas such as in the Scottish Highlands, it’s worth taking precautions against tick bites: ensure you wear long-sleeved tops, tuck your socks into your trousers and wear insect repellent. Ticks are known to spread Lyme disease which, although fairly rare in the UK, can affect your skin, joints, heart and nervous system. Symptoms include: a pink or red circular rash which develops around the bite up to 30 days after a person is bitten; flu-like symptoms; headaches; and muscle or joint pain. If left untreated, symptoms can become more serious.

Midges are a hiker’s and camper’s nemesis, especially in the northwest Highlands during the summer. While they’ll do no worse than cause a multitude of unbearably itchy bites, it’s definitely worth covering up and dousing yourself in insect repellent to ward off these persistent beasties.

The weather in Scotland can change in an instant. If you’re walking, skiing or climbing in the hills, it’s vital to be prepared for all weathers. It’s not at all uncommon to go for a walk on a beautifully sunny day, only to find yourself surrounded by mist and drizzle with little warning. Make sure you’re equipped with a map, compass, extra food, layers and waterproofs, and always tell someone where you’re heading before you set out. Scots and visitors alike also find themselves unexpectedly caught out by the sun – you might not need it often, but pack some sunscreen.

United Kingdom Public Holidays

New Year’s Day

01 January

Good Friday

30 March

Easter Monday (except Scotland)

02-April-

Early May Bank Holiday

07 May

Spring Bank Holiday

28 May

Summer Bank Holiday (except Scotland)

27 August

Christmas Day

25 December

Boxing Day

26 December

Money and duty free for United Kingdom

Currency and Money

Currency information

See the individual Money sections within the Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland sections for information on currency specific to these regions.

Pound (GBP; symbol £) = 100 pence. Notes are in denominations of £50, £20, £10 and £5. Additional bank notes issued by Scottish banks (including £1 notes) are accepted in all parts of the UK, although some smaller shops outside Scotland may prefer English banknotes. Coins are in denominations of £2 and £1, and 50, 20, 10, 5, 2 and 1 pence.

Credit cards

American Express, MasterCard and Visa are all widely accepted. Cash can be obtained from a multitude of ATMs available across the country.

ATM

Cash can be obtained from a multitude of ATMs available across the country.

Travellers cheques

Widely accepted. To avoid additional exchange rate charges, travellers are advised to take traveller’s cheques in Pounds Sterling.

Banking hours

Mon-Fri 0930-1630 (there may be some variations in closing times). Some banks are open Saturday morning; some all day Saturday.

Currency restrictions

There are no restrictions on the import or export of local or foreign currency. However, amounts exceeding €10,000 or equivalent must be declared if travelling from or to a country outside the European Union.

Currency exchange

Money can be exchanged in banks, exchange bureaux, some post offices and many hotels. The exchange bureaux are often open outside banking hours but charge higher commission rates. All major currencies can be exchanged.

United Kingdom duty free

Overview

Goods obtained duty and tax paid in the EU are unlimited, as long as tax was paid in the country and they are for your own use. If you bring in more than the following, customs officials are more likely to ask the reason for holding the goods:

• 800 cigarettes or 400 cigarillos or 200 cigars or 1kg of tobacco.
• 90L of still wine.
• 110L of beer.
• 10L of alcoholic beverages stronger than 22% or 20L of fortified or sparkling wine or other liqueurs up to 22%.

If you are arriving from a non-EU country, the following goods may be imported into the UK by persons over 17 years of age without incurring customs duty:

• 200 cigarettes or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars or 250g of tobacco. These can be combined provided travellers do not exceed their total tobacco allowance.
• 4L of still wine.
• 1L of alcoholic beverages stronger than 22% or 2L of fortified or sparkling wine or other liqueurs up to 22%. These can be combined provided travellers do not exceed their total alcohol allowance.
• 16L of beer.
• Other goods including souvenirs up to the value of £390 (or £270 if arriving by private plane or boat).

The Channel Islands and Gibraltar are treated as being outside of the EU for duty-free purposes.

Banned Imports

Prohibited items include illegal drugs, offensive weapons, self-defence sprays, indecent and obscene material, counterfeit and pirated goods, and meat, dairy and other animal products from outside the EEA.

Restricted items include firearms, explosives and ammunition, live animals, endangered species, rough diamonds, and certain radio transmitters.

Click Here to Returned to Europe Countries Visas